Stiffer suspension - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stiffer suspension within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Now you mentioned inserts; where do they do?...

Now you mentioned inserts; where do they do?
    A car is only as good as its driver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    lol... the Koni inserts, basically you take your stock struts and replace the guts. It's an inexpensive option with fairly decent results. I'm sure someone on here can post a "how to" for you. I think the Bilstein's might be a little better, but I'm no expert on third gen Imprezas.. so I'll let someone else chime in here.

Oh yea. Ok make sense. I'll dig deep into this.
    A car is only as good as its driver

the koni inserts are a bi of a pain to do the fronts because you have to drill th stock struts, but it's not hard to do.

at the time i did mine, the blisteins were just coming out, and i didn't want to wait so i went with the konis. if i was going to do it again, i would probably spend a little more money up front and get the blisteins.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a '13 WRX and have a similar question. I like the stock ride as this is my DD but want to reduce the felt body roll. Will just upgrading the sway bars and end links?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
    I have a '13 WRX and have a similar question. I like the stock ride as this is my DD but want to reduce the felt body roll. Will just upgrading the sway bars and end links?

That will help decrease body roll without making the ride too much harsher.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I think your best options are either RCE springs with Bilstein shocks, or Epic or Swift springs with Koni inserts.
    I have to agree here, I'm new to the subie world but when I got my Racecomp springs and bilstein shocks, alot of subie owners told me it was a good choice. I actually got lucky, on a local forum a guy was selling them and i swooped them up for 750. They had about 5k on them, but I am very happy with them. Dropped about an inch all around and I can take much faster turns. This was my first suspension mod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12