225 vs 235 winter tire size. Need help, about to order! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 225 vs 235 winter tire size. Need help, about to order! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Check the actual measurements for the specific tires. The reason I bring this up is that different brands and models ...

Check the actual measurements for the specific tires. The reason I bring this up is that different brands and models of tire can vary a little. Last time I replaced a set of Michelin AS touring tires on the wifes Volvo, stock was 235/45/17. I bought a set Sumitomo AS performance tires and the 245/40/17 was closer in both height and width them the same model 235/45/17 tire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Great first post! Repped
    Thanks!

I had been planning on posting some general info in the new users/member rides area first but I got distracted by this thread (and many others) A few years back when I was looking at a new summer wheel and tire setup for my Passat, I got really into the whole tire business and did a lot of research. I guess I just liked the science that goes into making a good tire. Anyways, I know there was a tire size calculator linked earlier in this thread, but I thought I'd share the one I always use. Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing It makes you put in a little password now which is kinda annoying, but it gives a lot of details on up to 4 different tire sizes at once.

Now, on to that general/background info.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123