I need help with rims
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I need help with rims within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to buy new rims for my new wrx. This car is my first car that'll i would have ...

Exclamation I need help with rims

I want to buy new rims for my new wrx. This car is my first car that'll i would have messed with.I want to buy new rims but i don't even know where to start. the rims on my '13 wrx is gun metal paint rim.. I dont know what they are called. I am fairly new into the "Detailed car game". They only company i know is BBS but i thought it would wouldn't go well with my subaru since i usually see it on a vw/hondas. but i want my car to have am aggressive look. so what are your opinions or preferences? Let me know..thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I need help with rims

BBS are a good choice. Also look at Enkei, O.Z., Speedline, and do a search for fitment info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    BBS are a good choice. Also look at Enkei, O.Z., Speedline, and do a search for fitment info.
    what you mean by fitment info?how would i find it cause i everytime i type in anything with 2013 wrx it always pops up if i want to buy it links-_-

I Support ClubWRX

I need help with rims

Search "offset" because this along with width will determine whether the wheel will fit at all, stick out too much, etc. there were several fitment threads here recently.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks

Some Konig is good. If you can find a good website you can usuallydo a search specific to year, make, model. Then can search by factory size or plus sizes. If you go plus sizes you'll need tires as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Some Konig is good. If you can find a good website you can usuallydo a search specific to year, make, model. Then can search by factory size or plus sizes. If you go plus sizes you'll need tires as well.
    thank you.. usually i dont find my year since my car is new but thanks for the help

I Support ClubWRX
    Koenig are not good wheels. Avoid them.

The weight of a wheel can have a significant measurable effect on performance. The lighter, the better. Two solid affordable lightweights: OZ Alleggerita and Enkei RPF1.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Koenig are not good wheels. Avoid them.

The weight of a wheel can have a significant measurable effect on performance. The lighter, the better. Two solid affordable lightweights: OZ Alleggerita and Enkei RPF1.
    ill look into them... its finding that perfect rim

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    thank you.. usually i dont find my year since my car is new but thanks for the help
    You could try searching 2011 and 2012 wrx, its the same car and might get you some results
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    You could try searching 2011 and 2012 wrx, its the same car and might get you some results
    ok thank you.. searching 2013 is no help

I Support ClubWRX
    you will want a wheel about 18"x9" et 44

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    you will want a wheel about 18"x9" et 44
    if you dont mind explain what that actually means? cause by my understanding the rim is 18in with 9in depth?? whats the 44? ...i will get the concept and have an idea.

I Support ClubWRX

I need help with rims

Offset is the vertical displacement of the wheel's center from the hub. It can be measured in +\- mm, meaning the wheel will be displaced that much either direction. This is a rough explanation. There is a FAQ around somewhere.

I Support ClubWRX

I need help with rims

You can do several different options and several different widths. What I have found is exact proper fitment for the 11+ is an 17" or 18" wheel, 9" wide with an offset of 44. You can go with a 40, 38, 35 offset but that's just getting more and more poke. The 38 offset is where it starts requiring a little camber (but still within spec) and rolling rear fenders. You can also go with a 9.5" wide rim if you'd like but 265/35/18 tires fit great and they fit better on a 9" wheel

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast