What's better? bags or coil overs
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's better? bags or coil overs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want know what would be best getting coil overs or bags for a wrx?...

Talking What's better? bags or coil overs

i want know what would be best getting coil overs or bags for a wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

None...You will achieve maximum low if you take out the springs/shocks and just let the car sit on itself. The ride may be a little bumpy, but who cares.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

What are your goals?

Bags are generally considered a "what the ffffff???" type of mod because you will ultimately take away from what these cars are made to do: handle and perform with AWD precision. These aren't your Hondas and VWs that are stanced and hellaflush and all that retarded bull****, though it is quickly becoming that sadly...

...but that being said, sorry for my rant. What are your goals for the car?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Whichever you can find for under $600
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The bags you get at Ikea for the marketplace, they only cost $0.99!!! They are strong as hell too!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

its all good lol... i just want drop my car just a little more because i want IMPROVE my cars performance not diminish it,i also want to make it better looking car even though i love the car's look.i feel it sits a little high though. i want opinions for feel free to rant i don't mind .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What are your goals?

Bags are generally considered a "what the ffffff???" type of mod because you will ultimately take away from what these cars are made to do: handle and perform with AWD precision. These aren't your Hondas and VWs that are stanced and hellaflush and all that retarded bull****, though it is quickly becoming that sadly...

...but that being said, sorry for my rant. What are your goals for the car?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Whichever you can find for under $600
    getting something under 600 seems kinda cheap for my 2013 wrx,but if it helps it can be considered

Feals 441s
    rallyracingsuspension.com - Feal 441 Coilover kit

If you get bags then I will punch a pregnant puppy.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    its all good lol... i just want drop my car just a little more because i want IMPROVE my cars performance not diminish it,i also want to make it better looking car even though i love the car's look.i feel it sits a little high though. i want opinions for feel free to rant i don't mind .
    Understandable...then Bags certainly aren't what you're looking for. They are incredibly expensive as well.

Coilovers are tough because if you get cheap ones (read: anything generally under $1200 or so) you aren't getting as quality of a performing part that you should have. With that being said now...I have a set of Feal coilovers on my STI that I absolutely love. Gave it a nice lower stance, but not ridiculous, and they ride very well for coils, are great quality, and perform very well in handling department. They cost me $1400 shipped, and I installed them myself.

If you aren't looking for that kind of a price range, there are a lot of spring/strut replacement options that are available as well that would end up costing about $800-900 total for good quality parts and would inprove handling over stock very well. You generally get about an inch to an inch and a half drop with this route.

not to concern with the price cause its basically an investment into my car which i tend to keep forever lol.My baby deserves the best but i will look into those feal coil overs. i thank you
    Understandable...then Bags certainly aren't what you're looking for. They are incredibly expensive as well.

Coilovers are tough because if you get cheap ones (read: anything generally under $1200 or so) you aren't getting as quality of a performing part that you should have. With that being said now...I have a set of Feal coilovers on my STI that I absolutely love. Gave it a nice lower stance, but not ridiculous, and they ride very well for coils, are great quality, and perform very well in handling department. They cost me $1400 shipped, and I installed them myself.

If you aren't looking for that kind of a price range, there are a lot of spring/strut replacement options that are available as well that would end up costing about $800-900 total for good quality parts and would inprove handling over stock very well. You generally get about an inch to an inch and a half drop with this route.

i won't lol just for your sake
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Feals 441s
    rallyracingsuspension.com - Feal 441 Coilover kit

If you get bags then I will punch a pregnant puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    not to concern with the price cause its basically an investment into my car which i tend to keep forever lol.My baby deserves the best but i will look into those feal coil overs. i thank you
    No prob! They are a great value for something more entry level. A lot of GR Subaru (3rd generation) owners are picking them up now because of that, and posting rave reviews...even miles ahead of BC Racing coils which are the industry "cheap standard" that so many people drop money on unfortunately.

I Support ClubWRX
    Bags? Switches are for b itches....MAN!!!!
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I am not getting bags relax..

still getting new to all this subaru stuff .. i need to learn quick
    No prob! They are a great value for something more entry level. A lot of GR Subaru (3rd generation) owners are picking them up now because of that, and posting rave reviews...even miles ahead of BC Racing coils which are the industry "cheap standard" that so many people drop money on unfortunately.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast