What's better? bags or coil overs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's better? bags or coil overs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm riding so low...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm riding so low

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i went with rce yellow springs, and koni inserts.

gave my car a nice lower stance, and firmer ride.

just my opinion.

hmm does the coilovers ride hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post

just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    hmm does the coilovers ride hard?
    Depends if they come with pillowballs, brand, style (some are for track, osme for street)
    Personally I'm eventually getting coilovers just because theyre adjustable. Once the snow starts getting deep, I don't want to lose my bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Depends if they come with pillowballs, brand, style (some are for track, osme for street)
    Personally I'm eventually getting coilovers just because theyre adjustable. Once the snow starts getting deep, I don't want to lose my bumper.
    +1...all depends on what you get.

My coilovers ride better than my blown stock STI suspension I took off, that's for sure. But I really love the ride they have over the stock suspension, just for daily driving.

****ty cheap coilovers are going to ride like crap. More track style dedicated coilovers like many of the Tein offerings are going to be rather harsh on the street. Some are a mix of performance and streetability. Find some brands you are interested in, and research them to high hell to see what others say about them (or find locals with similar coilover setups and see if you can get a ride and form your own opinions).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

everyone saying feal 441s then i started wondering if they bad for the streetif it rides hard... like my dad's truck has stiff suspension which makes feel everything..i want something in between not to soft not too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1...all depends on what you get.

My coilovers ride better than my blown stock STI suspension I took off, that's for sure. But I really love the ride they have over the stock suspension, just for daily driving.

****ty cheap coilovers are going to ride like crap. More track style dedicated coilovers like many of the Tein offerings are going to be rather harsh on the street. Some are a mix of performance and streetability. Find some brands you are interested in, and research them to high hell to see what others say about them (or find locals with similar coilover setups and see if you can get a ride and form your own opinions).

everyone saying feal 441s then i started wondering if they bad for the streetif it rides hard... like my dad's truck has stiff suspension which makes feel everything..i want something in between not to soft not too hard.
    The Feals are actually what I have and I love them. They are solid and you do get a lot of road feel. But you'll hit bumps and stuff as hard as any other normal suspension. Not gonna lie, they are stiff but to me, they are bearable.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

its made for track
    The Feals are actually what I have and I love them. They are solid and you do get a lot of road feel. But you'll hit bumps and stuff as hard as any other normal suspension. Not gonna lie, they are stiff but to me, they are bearable.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am very happy with my setup - Epic Springs and Koni Yellows. It's a nice compromise, between stock and coilovers.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post

just my opinion.
    ^ Another nice setup.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

its made for track
    If you talk to Odi, the owner of Feal, he designed them with the ability to be a track coilover, and a DD streetable coilover. He has them on his two daily drivers...and on his drift car

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    These always sounded interesting to me - yes they are bags. Too much junk in the trunk though, and questionable how they manage alignment over a two inch range. Also, 2" is too low for the suspension geometry. Moot point now that they are no longer made....

Praxis Subaru WRX Suspension - Tech Review - Turbo Magazine
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

what sounded interesting? bag?
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    These always sounded interesting to me - yes they are bags. Too much junk in the trunk though, and questionable how they manage alignment over a two inch range. Also, 2" is too low for the suspension geometry. Moot point now that they are no longer made....

Praxis Subaru WRX Suspension - Tech Review - Turbo Magazine

thinking about buying them since everyone say they are good...but are there better coilovers?
    If you talk to Odi, the owner of Feal, he designed them with the ability to be a track coilover, and a DD streetable coilover. He has them on his two daily drivers...and on his drift car

theres always going to be "better" everything, if you have the money for it... but feals seem like a great coilover. when i think about getting a new suspension setup im sure ill try to drive down to nj and have mikie take me for a drive so i can see how they feel. right now im on Epic springs (like Lokey) and KYB struts which im happy with the setup. theres a bunch of different options out there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.