Recommended OEM Struts for 2002 WRX

This is a discussion on Recommended OEM Struts for 2002 WRX within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The struts on my WRX are in dire need of replacement after 103K. I bought the car used at 43K ...

Recommended OEM Struts for 2002 WRX

The struts on my WRX are in dire need of replacement after 103K. I bought the car used at 43K and the struts have never been changed. I'm looking to do this on the cheap. What recommendations can anyone make in regards to OEM replacement struts in the sub-$100 range?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The OEM are Kayaba (KYB). There is an equivalent offering by the same firm available from several vendors of this site; please have a look at the "sale" posts from vendors and you may find a good deal.

There are also of course more expensive options that tend to be firmer, more adjustable, or both; however, the OEM replacement KYBs will return the car to as you remember it, as it was sold (they are a touch firmer but not too much and are a good, popular choice).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

KYB Gr-2's which are like the oem replacement as SDGR said. thats what i bought a few months ago and im happy with the purchase

The only way you are going to get this done in under 100$ is to buy a used set off someone who upgraded while the struts were fairly new.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd just pony up for new struts rather than going used. New struts will make a huge difference to the ride of the vehicle and you will not regret spending the $
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I purchased a pair of KYB struts for under $200, installed them with the help of a good friend, and I'm very happy! I appreciate the info, Rexers!