TPMS programming to ECU?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on TPMS programming to ECU? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; "...activate the sensor. It is important therefore to have access to a Bartec Wheelrite TECH400 tool which is able to ...

TPMS programming to ECU?

"...activate the sensor. It is important therefore to have access to a Bartec Wheelrite TECH400 tool which is able to diagnose Subaru TPMS issues and also has an extra interface to the vehicle OBDII/CANbus to communicate with the vehicle Engine Control Unit (ECU) and download the TPMS data. The..."

Above comes from a website I got to when earching for TPMS programming. Looks like the TPM-sensor ID's are stored in ECU. Anyone know anything about this?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, they're stored in the ECU, accessible thru the OBD-2 port.

Unless you have the correct interface tool you need to have this done at the dealer. This is why my summer set doesn't have them.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

^ so is your TPMS light on all summer? Or did you find a solution?

Yep.. on all summer. To be honest I dont really notice it after the first few days. Here in the mid Atlantic we have a huge temperature fluctuation through the winter where summer stays pretty even. Plays hell with keeping tire pressure within spec. I'd rather have my winter wheels tpms active vs my summers. I also dont want to be stuck changing a tire in cold/icy weather.

That said, the tpms are $75 each.. and though my dealer has told me they'll do the programing swap for free when I bring it in.. I'm not sure about other dealers and if they'll also charge.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I hear you. Here in CO currently temp go from 30 to 70 during one day. Summer itself is fine, maybe winter would be too, but right now it's nuts. My TPMS is most of the time on. I'm thinking about taking out the instruments and putting a black sticker over that light. That seems to be the only solution as of now. And really, I have done without TPMS for all of my time behind the wheel...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.