I gave in to Plastidip peer pressure...

This is a discussion on I gave in to Plastidip peer pressure... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dipped my wheels today. These were my gold Drag DR-34's that I bought for winter last year. I wanted ...

I gave in to Plastidip peer pressure...

I dipped my wheels today. These were my gold Drag DR-34's that I bought for winter last year. I wanted to see how black would look. 4 coats later and this is how they look. Best of all, if you screw up, just peel the stuff off and start over. At $5-$6 a can, this is a nice way to see how my car would look in black shoes! Problem...now I want a real set of black rims haha.

Quick question, anyone use this stuff for a New England winter? Curious to hear how it holds up.

Before:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get a solid coat of it on and it lasted me through a harsh jersey winter no problems I just don't have that car anymore I am a supporter of it though!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I think they look better than the gold!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks! And glad to hear they held up to the elements in Jersey. Can't wait to put them on!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plasti Dipped Wheels 2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	108377looks better than the gold for sure man... I did mine as well.. been on for about a month and its holding up great.. Im actually going to peel mine back off and redo them because it was the first time i did it and theres some spots on them that could've been better.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plasti Dipped Wheels.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	108364
    Last edited by Mitch89; 09-18-2012 at 11:56 AM.

yea i like the black more

looks good.

thanks man.. has anyone ever did a crazy color with the dip yet?? I thought about doing white but they have blaze orange and lime green.. all different colors.. i was just curious if anyone has took that plunge

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch89 View Post
    thanks man.. has anyone ever did a crazy color with the dip yet?? I thought about doing white but they have blaze orange and lime green.. all different colors.. i was just curious if anyone has took that plunge
    There might be someone around here who's done some crazy colors....

Ain't no plastidip though!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

haha yeah those look good... i really thought about trying the blaze orange just for the hell of it

They have Orange Plasti-dip???

So doing that to my ****ty winter wheels! What kind of prep do you need to do for this stuff?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

That will be awesome. They will be on the crappy ASA winters though...not the BBSs...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So doing that to my ****ty winter wheels! What kind of prep do you need to do for this stuff?
    Head to http://dipyourcar.com and they have all sorts of colors! Also little to no prep needed. No sanding or crazy stuff. I just gave them a real good wash/dry and then let loose!

Yeah man just a wash and dry.then go to work. Easy as can be man