Wheel question on my 2013 WRX

This is a discussion on Wheel question on my 2013 WRX within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 WRX base model on order and will need to get a set of all season tires ...

Wheel question on my 2013 WRX

I have a 2013 WRX base model on order and will need to get a set of all season tires for winter driving. Will the factory wheels off a 2010 WRX fit and work correctly for my winter set? The 2010 wheels are 17x7 with 225/45R17 and my 2013 has 17x8 with 235/45R17 tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, bolt pattern and offset is correct for use with the 2013 WRX.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

If you're getting a dedicated winter set, why put all seasons on instead of winter tires?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

^That.

Just get a dedicated set of winter tires for the second wheels. You'll have summers from the factory, and you'll be all set.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm debating on either putting on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS in place of the summer tires when I get the car or buying a set of winter tires with the wheels for bad weather. I've found some great prices on the DWS tires and they're well reviewed. I was concerned that the 2010 wheels might not be the same since they're an inch narrower than the 2013 and have a slightly smaller tire width.

GF has dws on her car and hates them. They have a very soft sidewall. While that's good because she's running coilovers and her car tends to be very stiff, it sucks for getting around corners with any sort of expediency. Another local running a '11 sti has them and said in comparison to the factory dunlops (and autox-ing both sets) he said the dws are like quite sloppy.

The 2010 wheels with a dedicated snow would be the way I'd go personally. Likely that's because I alread have .. I have winter tires in 205/50 on my factory 17's and run a set of '11 wheels with 235 summers for.. well.. summer.

If you're going to run two sets of wheels you may as well run a dedicated snow tire. The only drawback to that setup is the tpms (if you care about that) and where to store the spare set while not in use.

fyi, if you want to run a all season.. I had to run a set of Nitto motivo's recently and despite a softer than summer tire feel.. they were very sticky and handled quite well. If I had to use a all season, those would be it for me.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Sorry if I'm re-hashing an old topic. I'm in the same boat as the OP. About to pick up a 2013 Base model as well and need a set of winter wheels/tires. Would 2002 factory wheels fit? Specs are: 16x6.5" diameter, Offset: +53, bolt pattern: 5x100.

Yes they would fit.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying