Winter steel wheels for 2012 wrx - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Winter steel wheels for 2012 wrx within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lashak I live in an area with some pretty good winters to. not quite NY but pretty ...

Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    I live in an area with some pretty good winters to. not quite NY but pretty close to the same kind of winters. i used my stock Rims for winter but I use the Hancook winter line and i can freaking climb a tree with them on my Wrex gotta recommended them
    See Im not concerned with the snow as much as I am with the crap they use to get rid of it off the road, the salt mixture we use up here in NY is absolutely murder on the wheels and body of a car as well as almost anything else on the car ie brake lines and such, thats my reason for the steelies, as far as passing on the savings the guy I deal with is from a local company so I dont know how much help he will be for you anub

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I got my steelies from tire-rack. You can either just buy the steelies by themselves or get a wheel/tire package with them.
    I am interested in getting a set of these as well, but I would like to see what they look like. TireRack doesn't show any photo of them. Will you be kind enough to post a photo of the steel wheels, and if possible when they are mounted on your car?

Also, what did you do about TPMS sensors for the wheels?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by cohland; 10-07-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cohland View Post
    I am interested in getting a set of these as well, but I would like to see what they look like. TireRack doesn't show any photo of them. Will you be kind enough to post a photo of the steel wheels, and if possible when they are mounted on your car?

Thanks,
    Chris
    You can purchase them from Tirerack as well. I've heard that if you do, you have to have the system recalibrated so that it recognizes the new sensors. If you don't (like I did), the TPMS warning light will stay on in your instrument cluster, but the system will recognize your original sensors once you put your old wheels back on.

I ended up putting 16" Legacy wheels on mine, with 235/55R16 Blizaak WS70s:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	108715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (4).jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	108716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (6).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	108717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (5).jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	108718

Forgot to mention. This thread (post no. 4) has pictures of the steelies mounted on the car: Winter tires/wheels for a 2011 WRX hatch - Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums

Not bad, IMO

Thanks,
    Chris

As far as the TPMS, I just dealt with the light. It wasn't worth the money IMO to have the light off.

Let me see if I can dig up some pics for you.....

here ya go:
    note: these were all taken the week I got my car

Last edited by xFalleNx; 10-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Thanks! Those look great, I've got to get set.

I appreciate your help.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1983 View Post
    Forgot to mention. This thread (post no. 4) has pictures of the steelies mounted on the car: Winter tires/wheels for a 2011 WRX hatch - Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums

Not bad, IMO
    Sorry I missed that post, I did look for photos before I asked for a set. Must have just skipped by them.
    They do look good!

Chris

Re: Winter steel wheels for 2012 wrx

Thanks! Those look great, I've got to get set.

I appreciate your help.

Chris
    No problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.