Tire Review: Nitto Motivo

This is a discussion on Tire Review: Nitto Motivo within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been chosen to test the Nitto Motivo tire, It is a performance all season tire that you can ...

Tire Review: Nitto Motivo

I have been chosen to test the Nitto Motivo tire, It is a performance all season tire that you can check out more info on Nitto's website

2011 Wrx Sedan
    Stock Rims
    Replace original Dunlop 235/45/R17 sport 01
    Invidia catted Down pipe
    Borla exhaust
    Stock suspension
    Cobb Ap stage 2 93 tune
    10,800 when I put tires on
    11,450 upon first review (650 Miles)

I drive my car spiritedly on occasion and in my opinion really like this tire. When you first enter a turn the tire feel's a little floaty by as you stay in the power the car grips the road and tracks almost perfectly around a turn. I can tell very little difference from the stock Dunlop's that were on the car. I actually feel like these tires have a better grip on the road

Road noise is none existent with this tire not that it was any worse with the Dunlop's either just very surprised for a Sport all season tire there isn't any noise.

In the rain if your pushing the car around a turn the tire slip slightly an re grip weird feeling but something I can get used to and test more as time goes on. Remember this is pushing the car though a turn if you drive at the speed limit there is zero issue.

For comparison one of my best friends has a 12 wrx with the same power mods and the original dunlop's so we can get in one car and then the other for a good comparison as time goes on.

The last big thing at this point is the cost of the tire which is $119-125 depending on where you look and the original Dunlop is a $242.00 dollar a piece with as little difference in performance as I am seeing you won't see Dunlop's back on my car any time soon.

Nothing can be said about winter performance at this time but if I can get a decent performance in the snow, my winter rims and tires will also be sold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Excellent. I've been looking to get a set of these. Thanks for the review!

Try a little more pressure, might tune out the initial turn in feel, or lack of

Still liking the Motivo's? my '02 is in need of tires after I replace my ball joints. Was recommended these tires by the place I get my tire stuff done by. The thing I was told about that I like is the 60k warranty.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shearerman320 View Post
    I have been chosen to test the Nitto Motivo tire
    By whom?

Why?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

6 month later bump...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Nitto had an ad online asking for test cars for the new tire they were coming out with, I responded and filled the paperwork and they sent me tires. I did have to pay for mounting which was no big deal.

The tires are wearing great can't complain about that at all. Still having the feeling of the tires losing grip at first, I have tried different pressure in the tires, but I can still feel it. Once your used to it I almost don't even notice it. As long as your not going to a track on the regular you should be able to get 20-30k out the tires pretty easy. Like I said I drive a little harder than your average driver so getting that many miles out of a set of tires makes me pretty happy.

The only real complaint I have is in deeper snow or slush they aren't really that good. If you take your time you can get where your going, but if the winters here in PA got any worse the winter tires would be back on the car for sure. As little as we have gotten taking my time on 1 or 2 days is ok with me. I actually put my winters on for one storm we were supposed to get and we never got it.( I guess that's good insurance to have it not snow)

Over all you need to look at how cheap these tires are to buy and what you plain on doing with them. For a daily driver with spirited driving thrown in the mix I couldn't be happier. You just have to watch out for winter conditions. Would I buy again I would say yes at this point!!

I Support ClubWRX
    OK great thanks for the info!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.