Where to buy wider wheels for 2012 WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Where to buy wider wheels for 2012 WRX? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zax The ET specification is there for a reason. If you push your wheels out further, you're ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The ET specification is there for a reason. If you push your wheels out further, you're changing the load on the suspension and will detriment your cornering/handling. For a 17x9, you'll want an +42-45 ET IIRC. I could get into the physics of this, but I'm too lazy.
    I'm hoping since I'm not going larger in diameter but just a little wider I'll be ok. I think just a little wider and it will look perfect. I'm definitely not lowering the car.

When you say "want an +42-45 ET" that means these are good without spacers, right?

17x9 Rota DPT - Flat Black (5x100/114.3/e42/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know I'm bringing up an old thread but does the wheeldude price include shipping or is that added in at checkout?

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    I'm hoping since I'm not going larger in diameter but just a little wider I'll be ok. I think just a little wider and it will look perfect. I'm definitely not lowering the car.

When you say "want an +42-45 ET" that means these are good without spacers, right?

17x9 Rota DPT - Flat Black (5x100/114.3/e42/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.
    On a 2011+ WRX you will be perfectly fine running a 17x9 et40-45 with 245/40 tires with no spacers. Heck, if you had stiffer springs and a mild roll you could probably get away with running 265-275/35/r18 on the new wrx body style.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12