Camber Bolt Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Camber Bolt Question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, but I was wondering if stock camber bolts can ...

Camber Bolt Question

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, but I was wondering if stock camber bolts can be used in conjunction with aftermarket ones. ex: Eibach Camber Bolts.

I have a 09 WRX.
    Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Looking to add: (So I can change camber)
    - Eibach Camber Bolts
    - Lower control arms (Cusco, GTSpec, or Agency Power)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Camber plates?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I have camber plates in the front already, but my stock camber bolts are maxed out. Just wondering if I can use Eibach Camber bolts in conjunction with the stock ones.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can, but generally the idea is that you replace the stock bolts with the aftermarket ones. If you need even more camber (I don't see why you would) you could use both the stock and aftermarket adjustment bolts. You could put the aftermarket bolt in the bottom hole and move the factory one to the top hole, then you could get even more adjustment by placing the lobes on the bolts in an opposing fashion.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The camber plates are there for a reason. Max out the stock bolts to where they are both even, then use the camber plates to adjust to the desired camber setting. In the rear you will need the eibach kit unless you buy the rear camber plates as well.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You can, but generally the idea is that you replace the stock bolts with the aftermarket ones. If you need even more camber (I don't see why you would) you could use both the stock and aftermarket adjustment bolts. You could put the aftermarket bolt in the bottom hole and move the factory one to the top hole, then you could get even more adjustment by placing the lobes on the bolts in an opposing fashion.
    yeah i need more camber as stock is maxed out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    The camber plates are there for a reason. Max out the stock bolts to where they are both even, then use the camber plates to adjust to the desired camber setting. In the rear you will need the eibach kit unless you buy the rear camber plates as well.
    08+ require LCA to adjust camber in the rears.

my fronts are placed for more positive camber so my stock bolts ended up maxing out

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
    08+ require LCA to adjust camber in the rears.

my fronts are placed for more positive camber so my stock bolts ended up maxing out
    Right you are, sorry about that, apparently didn't notice the year of the vehicle in the OP. My bad.

As for the front, I'm confused, you have the camber plates set for positive camber? Or am I misunderstanding the post?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Right you are, sorry about that, apparently didn't notice the year of the vehicle in the OP. My bad.

As for the front, I'm confused, you have the camber plates set for positive camber? Or am I misunderstanding the post?
    Sorry about that I meant to say positive caster. My tuner/mechanic set it up so that I would be running more positive caster. So when I went an got an alignment, my stock camber bolts were maxed out negative. I forget by how much though. That's why I was wondering if I can use two camber bolts for negative camber.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

yep. get a camber bolt made for the bottom strut hole. Make each bolt oppose each other.
    Camber bolts - 14mm
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

These were $16 a couple years ago.
    Ingalls Engineering 81260 - Ingalls Engineering Fastcam Camber Adjusting Bolts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I had them in the bottom front holes for a while, but decided I didn't like the risk of them loosening. I got Whiteling Com-C top mounts for the extra biit of neg. camber.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Com-C's are awsome. Here's a vid of my install http://youtu.be/gPJsqk--e6Q
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.