Rotor hitting dust plate only when cold.

This is a discussion on Rotor hitting dust plate only when cold. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I first take off if I load the RR by taking a tight left turn I get a grinding ...

Rotor hitting dust plate only when cold.

When I first take off if I load the RR by taking a tight left turn I get a grinding noise. After about a mile or two it stops and won't do it again unless the car sits a good while. The rotor is hitting the dust plate at a little ridge on the rotor that's between the main brake surface and the emergency brake surface. I checked for play both in/out and twisting the tire but I'm seeing anything obvious.
    Quietest Cobb Stage 2 in the world. Throttlebody's by WRX03. I/C hoses and ported elbows. Daddy's DP with stock heatshield. 3CE with stock heat shield. Stock catback. PnP Turbo.
    Wife drives it, too fast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, 2002 is an early join date!

Maybe a bearing issue?

Obviously you can just remove or bend the shield out of the way but I too would wonder why it cna move that far. I took that shield off to do the H6 upgrade - it is not at all needed.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb