The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Post up the wheels/tires your currently running on your 2011/12. Please include specs on wheel diameter, width, offset and hub ...

I Support ClubWRX

The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread

Post up the wheels/tires your currently running on your 2011/12. Please include specs on wheel diameter, width, offset and hub bore.. If youd like post a like to where you purchased them.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Rota DPT 18X9.5 e44 with 265/35/18 Dunlop SP9000. 18x9.5 Rota DPT -Gold (5x100x114.3/e44/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.
    The first three pictures on the link is of my red 08 STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems as tho everything rota is building is 9"+ in width, I am wondering what modifications it will take to an 11 to run 10" wheels

Ordered 17x8 e48 gold OZ ultraleggeras with 235/45/17 blizzaks

You're using OZ ULs as your winter wheels?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I wanted them as summers and the stocks as winters, but I figured I'd just use the OZs for this first winter because I'm ordering them together with the Blizzaks from tirerack. Is this a bad idea? It'll probably see less than 15 days in the snow.

I Support ClubWRX
    why don't you just order the tires & have them mounted on your stocks?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

KHP
    During summer I run the stock Dunlop SP Sport 01 235/45 R17 on the OEM wheels 17x8 +53 offset. During winter I run Hankook IceBear WS300 205/50 R17 on Gunmetal Drag DR-33 17x7.5 +45 or +42 offset (I don't remember which one).
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Seems as tho everything rota is building is 9"+ in width, I am wondering what modifications it will take to an 11 to run 10" wheels
    The modifications necessary to try and fit a 10" wheel onto an 11' just aren't worth it, you would run into problems everywhere -- rubbing the fenders, struts, etc. Besides which, a 10" wheel will have a very low offset (otherwise it wouldn't be possible to even get on there) and therefore steering feel will be absolutely terrible as the axis of rotation won't be anywhere near the centre of the wider wheel.

I'm guessing you are just asking to be curious, but if you are seriously considering this for your own car, unless you've got 350+whp, there really is no need for that big a wheel. On a 10" wheel, you'd have to run 275/35/_18's in order to get close enough to the stock diameter as to not screw up your speedometer too bad.

Largest I would personally go, which I will when I get my STi, is 9.5" running the abovementioned tire width. I wont however be upgrading to those until I'm over 400whp. Honestly, if you are looking for some aftermarket wheels, just look for the stock 8.5" or 8" if you got a WRX like myself, and just get an aftermarket set that are lighter, and then get some better rubber. Throw on some advan neovas AD08 w/lighter wheels and you'll experience much better gains then going with a larger wheel/tire without the power there to reap the benefits of having those larger sizes.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I know that info.. Thank you.. I am really just more concerned that wheeldude.com is mostly selling 10" wheels like they fit no problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was really wanting people to post pics up of wheels on the car with the wheel specifications

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I know that info.. Thank you.. I am really just more concerned that wheeldude.com is mostly selling 10" wheels like they fit no problem.
    I apologize TOrque, I meant no disrespect in my previous post. Was simply putting some facts/info out there for anyone who happened to read this thread. I apologize if I offended you in any way, as it was not my intention in the slightest.

That's an interesting point, he really shouldn't try to sell those wheels without informing potential customers of the modifications and effects those wheels will have on their cars.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    I apologize TOrque, I meant no disrespect in my previous post. Was simply putting some facts/info out there for anyone who happened to read this thread. I apologize if I offended you in any way, as it was not my intention in the slightest.

That's an interesting point, he really shouldn't try to sell those wheels without informing potential customers of the modifications and effects those wheels will have on their cars.
    No offense taken, good to have in a thread like this.. However this thread is worthless without pics!

OZ Ultraleggera 17x8" (5x100) et 48 mm in Matte Graphite Silver (weight: 17.2 lbs) purchased from Tire Rack ...... **

** Car sold ..... wheels w/o tires can be had for $750 (including tire pressure sensors, hub centric rings and lug bolts) -- perfect condition.

I Support ClubWRX
    what suspension where you running on the 11?

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast