Subaru WRX Forum banner

The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread

336K views 359 replies 89 participants last post by  davidmcd 
#1 ·
Post up the wheels/tires your currently running on your 2011/12. Please include specs on wheel diameter, width, offset and hub bore.. If youd like post a like to where you purchased them.

#9 ·
The modifications necessary to try and fit a 10" wheel onto an 11' just aren't worth it, you would run into problems everywhere -- rubbing the fenders, struts, etc. Besides which, a 10" wheel will have a very low offset (otherwise it wouldn't be possible to even get on there) and therefore steering feel will be absolutely terrible as the axis of rotation won't be anywhere near the centre of the wider wheel.

I'm guessing you are just asking to be curious, but if you are seriously considering this for your own car, unless you've got 350+whp, there really is no need for that big a wheel. On a 10" wheel, you'd have to run 275/35/_18's in order to get close enough to the stock diameter as to not screw up your speedometer too bad.

Largest I would personally go, which I will when I get my STi, is 9.5" running the abovementioned tire width. I wont however be upgrading to those until I'm over 400whp. Honestly, if you are looking for some aftermarket wheels, just look for the stock 8.5" or 8" if you got a WRX like myself, and just get an aftermarket set that are lighter, and then get some better rubber. Throw on some advan neovas AD08 w/lighter wheels and you'll experience much better gains then going with a larger wheel/tire without the power there to reap the benefits of having those larger sizes.

#8 ·
During summer I run the stock Dunlop SP Sport 01 235/45 R17 on the OEM wheels 17x8 +53 offset. During winter I run Hankook IceBear WS300 205/50 R17 on Gunmetal Drag DR-33 17x7.5 +45 or +42 offset (I don't remember which one:confused:).

#12 ·
I apologize TOrque, I meant no disrespect in my previous post. Was simply putting some facts/info out there for anyone who happened to read this thread. I apologize if I offended you in any way, as it was not my intention in the slightest.

That's an interesting point, he really shouldn't try to sell those wheels without informing potential customers of the modifications and effects those wheels will have on their cars.

#17 ·
Right now, ive put some Toyo Obeserve garit on stockers (235/45/17) for winters. I have close to 4-5 month to go in snow before i get some summer rims and tire (going to sell stock one i guess)

Im looking for some 18x8 or 18x8,5 but looks like i wont have a huge choice because of the bolt pattern, i saw the OZ on tirerack, but not the one i wanted (on the official OZ website) Can tirerack do special order you think?

And ill put some good tire on it not sure yet what brand ill buy. But like i said, i have some months to shop and search the internet.

Last thing, i have a plasma blue wrx, do you think gold would look nice. I was thinking to get some silver or maybe chrome but gold could maybe be nice on my car, just havent saw enough pics of that mix.

#20 ·
Im looking for some 18x8 or 18x8,5 but looks like i wont have a huge choice because of the bolt pattern, i saw the OZ on tirerack, but not the one i wanted (on the official OZ website) Can tirerack do special order you think?
No, they don't. They're the biggest wheel and tire store in the country (maybe the world) and they only offer what they offer. That's one reason they're cheaper than anybody else. Special orders drive up the price of doing business for all buyers, not just the people buying the special orders.

For the last poster, I really don't know about that wheel setup. Any one of those colors is pretty awful IMHO, never mind all 4 together! But it's your car so to each their own. :)

#18 ·
I havent decided on wheels yet either, I am kinda holding off since I cant find a decent spring to give the car the stance needed to pull off a nice wheel.. So my money will likely be going to the KWs first.. I do like the new rota boost 2s

#24 ·
Hey guys, quick newbby question.

I'm getting delivery my first Subie in mid of January. A '12 WRX. I was thinking in getting some 16" as winter set.
One of my friends gave me a set of 205/55/16 winter tires w/o wheels.
My question is: I saw some nice, cheap and used alloys in kijiji, they are 16" 5x100, the offset is +40mm and the wheel widht is 7in. I was wondering if I can use those wheels with the tires I have, and if +40mm in offset is enough clearance??

Thanks.

#25 ·
I think 40mm is a little low of an offset for proper fitment on your year WRX...but those tires should fit the wheels ok.

A lot of users are looking for stock used 02-05 WRX wheels and older model Legacy wheels now as winters...search around classifieds on here and Nasioc and you'll find a good priced deal.

#32 ·
I use the stock BBS for my summers with the stock Dunlops still, though after the track day I did they're going to need replacement pretty darn soon.

For my winters, I have Enkeis Imolas in 18" from Tire Rack with Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires in 245/40?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.