The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by tesla317 Could someone identify these wheels and or style? I know it's not a 2011/2012, but these ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Could someone identify these wheels and or style?

I know it's not a 2011/2012, but these are exactly what I want in wheel, tire, and size.

im like 99% sure those are rota grids

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    im like 99% sure those are rota grids
    Good call. Same style as the te37, but probably much more common (and likely) due to the price!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Good call. Same style as the te37, but probably much more common (and likely) due to the price!
    Would that be reason to avoid that brand?

Anyone know what these XXR 530s are a replica of?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Not necessarily. What are you doing with the car? Just dd'ing? If so, then you don't necessarily need a forged wheel if you are just going for a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Not necessarily. What are you doing with the car? Just dd'ing? If so, then you don't necessarily need a forged wheel if you are just going for a better look.
    Yea pretty much just daily driving. But if the cost and weight wasn't too much more then it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a better wheel.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea pretty much just daily driving. But if the cost and weight wasn't too much more then it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a better wheel.
    I'd say just shop around prices. You would be surprised the deals you can find sometime. I got a really nice price on my Enkei's, and those are (in my opinion) one of the better wheels in that price range. They are not forged, but pretty much as good as it gets for cast wheels. It is important that you like the look, and have something that is not complete garbage, so I would say look around.

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Anyone know what these XXR 530s are a replica of?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Miro Type 111
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it would depend on the wheel I have heard great things about the rota titan but I have also heard horrible things about their other wheels. Look at enkei, BBS, OZ, some work wheels they are priced reasonably and are better quality. If they fit ur budget then You would be much better off. What year is your car ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Miro Type 111
    I thought the miro 111 was a replica of the Breyton Race GTS? I don't think they make original design wheels I could be wrong

I am planning on getting Enkei - RS05RR - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / +35 (Face M) and running g-Force Sport COMP-2 265/40ZR18. Stock height; maybe lowering about an inch at a later date. I know I will have to roll the rear. Other then that will these clear?

I'm looking @ running
    18x9.5 +40 on my 2013 wrb sedan
    I don't wanna roll my fenders so I was thinking stretch the tires 245/40r18 will that be ok or what you guys think

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ambrose View Post
    I am planning on getting Enkei - RS05RR - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / +35 (Face M) and running g-Force Sport COMP-2 265/40ZR18. Stock height; maybe lowering about an inch at a later date. I know I will have to roll the rear. Other then that will these clear?
    If you have an 08+ STi, or a 2015 WRX then yes (2015 WRX because of the bolt pattern, and 08+ STi because prior to the GR I wouldn't recommend running an 18inch wheel on the STi).
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 06-13-2014 at 04:08 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmsky View Post
    I'm looking @ running
    18x9.5 +40 on my 2013 wrb sedan
    I don't wanna roll my fenders so I was thinking stretch the tires 245/40r18 will that be ok or what you guys think
    I would go with a 265 on a 9.5 inch wheel, but you might run into some rubbing. I run 245's on my stock winter wheels, which are 18x8.5's and the stretch is very minimal. So it would not be extreme stretch (I've seen way worse). I would rather roll the fenders and have a proper fitting tire though personally. I wouldn't recommend running less than a 255 on a 9.5 inch tire (I run 255's on my 9 inch tire), and as already mentioned, rather run a 265 on the 9.5.

I have a 2011 STI. Sorry I should have clarified that. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.