The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 341

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car 13 wrx 18x10 38+ matte blue xd9 tires 265 35 18 pilot super sport suspension RCE black springs ...

  1. #301
    Registered User bullyhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    29
    2013 ia shot photo iapicture_zpsb315c05f.jpg

    matte blue xd9 photo 20140327_190834_zps206f57ac.jpg

    my car 13 wrx
    18x10 38+ matte blue xd9
    tires
    265 35 18 pilot super sport
    suspension
    RCE black springs stock shocks
    kartboy front tophats
    all fenders rolled
    rubs on one side in the rear when car is full of people, need to adjust camber on that side

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #302
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S.E. PA
    Posts
    5
    Went through the thread and didn't see any info about Rota G-forces for a my11-13 STI on stock suspension (except eibach RSB). Looking to run the 18x9 with a 30mm offset (30 is the highest I could find). I would be running my old dunlop stockers (245) until they wear out then beef up to a 255 in a year or so. I'm looking to roll the rear if need be, no big deal. I've seen one car (MY10 STI hatch, lowered) with the 18x9 et 30 but he was running 265s and had a roll and pull on all four corners.

  4. #303
    Registered User Chief_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    394
    I would try and find something with an offset of 38-45 range. I went 35 offset and the rolling and pulling is more of a pain in the a** than it looks like. I couldn't imagine what +30 would be like.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

  5. #304
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ptak View Post
    Went through the thread and didn't see any info about Rota G-forces for a my11-13 STI on stock suspension (except eibach RSB). Looking to run the 18x9 with a 30mm offset (30 is the highest I could find). I would be running my old dunlop stockers (245) until they wear out then beef up to a 255 in a year or so. I'm looking to roll the rear if need be, no big deal. I've seen one car (MY10 STI hatch, lowered) with the 18x9 et 30 but he was running 265s and had a roll and pull on all four corners.
    +30 is too much...you'll rub, possibly even with a roll, especially when you get more meaty in the future.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

  6. #305
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    im trying to figure out how wide i can do my rims on my 2012 wrx imprexa , 1 habve a few homies that are running 18x9.5 rims ( with fenderds rolled) they have the narow body , could i run a 18x10 would i have to camburg my rims and to fit with no rub or would it ride ok ?

  7. #306
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,202
    Is Camburg in Germany?

    You'll need a roll and negative CAMBER to fit 18x10. 18x9.5 with +38 offset is as low as you can go without rubbing without a roll if you are stock height. When you get to lowering it, you will need more rolling.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

  8. #307
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    i rolled my fenders last night already and we are lowring it 3 inchs tonight , thanks for your help ill order a camber kit today

  9. #308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colo Springs, CO
    Posts
    13
    any modification needed for a 18x8 et35 with 245/40 tire?
    stock height.

  10. #309
    Registered User D's WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd0101 View Post
    any modification needed for a 18x8 et35 with 245/40 tire?
    stock height.
    You should be alright. I had 18x8.5 +30 with 245/40 tires and needed the slightest roll.

    And my new setup: Enkei TSP6's in Hyper Silver, 18x8.5 +45 wrapped in stock STi Dunlops 245/40/18
    http://www.racingpartsonly.com/produ...885-8045hs.htm



    Last edited by D's WRX; 04-25-2014 at 05:14 PM.


    2011 SWP Sedan

    Tuned by Keenan @ All Aspects Motorsports / 322WHP / 330 ft/lbs TQ
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...swp-sedan.html

  11. #310
    Registered User W_R_XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    brunswick ohio
    Posts
    112
    i know most people are running a 265 on 9.5" wheels. will a 255 be too much for a 18x9 et35? im sure ill have to roll after I get my coilovers on, that's not an issue. I don't want to step down to a 245 if I don't need to.

  12. #311
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by W_R_XTC View Post
    i know most people are running a 265 on 9.5" wheels. will a 255 be too much for a 18x9 et35? im sure ill have to roll after I get my coilovers on, that's not an issue. I don't want to step down to a 245 if I don't need to.
    I'm running 255/35/18's on my 18x9's (offset of 45) and they fit perfectly. I didn't have to roll the fenders at all.

  13. #312
    Registered User tesla317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    293
    Could someone identify these wheels and or style?



    I know it's not a 2011/2012, but these are exactly what I want in wheel, tire, and size.

  14. #313
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Could someone identify these wheels and or style?



    I know it's not a 2011/2012, but these are exactly what I want in wheel, tire, and size.
    They look like either the te37 (rays) or a replica (commonly replicated wheel). Looks like most likely a 17" wheel. Hard to verify the width.

  15. #314
    Registered User tesla317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    They look like either the te37 (rays) or a replica (commonly replicated wheel). Looks like most likely a 17" wheel. Hard to verify the width.
    Thanks a bunch, that helped a lot. Do the 17" wheels allow enough room for the stop-tech calipers like in the pic? Whatever route I go I'd like to allow enough room for upgrades calipers in the future.

  16. #315
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Thanks a bunch, that helped a lot. Do the 17" wheels allow enough room for the stop-tech calipers like in the pic? Whatever route I go I'd like to allow enough room for upgrades calipers in the future.
    Based on the design of that wheel I would say it looks like they allow quite a bit of clearance for calipers. I have never personally run those wheels, but if you look you can see a lot of room in there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •