The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 341

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New wheels are on! 18x9.5 38 with 255/35. And yes you WILL rub with more than 1 person in the ...

  1. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    277

    New wheels are on! 18x9.5 38 with 255/35. And yes you WILL rub with more than 1 person in the car. I had 3 extra people in my car the other day and was rubbing like crazy. I had to drop 2 of them back off at there car haha. Soon going to install rce black springs and get my rears rolled.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    277

    New wheels are on! 18x9.5 38 with 255/35. And yes you WILL rub with more than 1 person in the car. I had 3 extra people in my car the other day and was rubbing like crazy. I had to drop 2 of them back off at there car haha. Soon going to install rce black springs and get my rears rolled.

  4. #288
    Registered User Peanuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    33
    Hi all,

    I've read on here that quite a lot of you have opted for 18x9.5 +38. And going by the pictures your cars, they look look amazing.

    I'm looking at purchasing Work Emotion D9R, which also come in that size, as well as 18x9.5 +23. I'm not too sure if they will fit, hence my need of help.
    I have a 2012 WRX sedan with stock suspension, guards/fenders are rolled.

    Would getting either +38 or +23 cause any problems with the stock suspension?
    I'm on the lookout for coilovers but they are hard to come by in Australia.

    I'm looking for a wide fitment with stretched tyres. Here is a pic of the D9R and a WRX (photo by Brendan Bannister) of how I would like my car to look like.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  5. #289
    Registered User Chief_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    365
    +23 would NOT be a good option at all.

    On another note I got my wheels and tires installed a few days ago.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

  6. #290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Upgrading to 265's?

    Hi All,

    I have a 2011 WRX and have Rota Grids 18x9.5 +38 and currently have hankook v12 evo's on it at 255/35/18. I'm on stock suspension. I had to roll my rear fenders to stop it from rubbing/cutting the tires.

    Now I want to upgrade to some 265/35/18's because the 255's were too stretched and I didn't like the look (plus I want some more rubber so I dont scratch my wheels on curbs either!). Do you think I'll need any more modification to fit the 265's? I don't really want to do any more modding.

    On a separate note, the hankook evo's are toast after about 18k miles, all inner wear. I never got a re-alignment after swapping from my stock wheels...is that the cause do you think?

    Luckily Discount Tire is giving me 50% off my new tires. I think I'll switch to the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions...any thoughts?

    Thanks! Here's a few pics:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	279115_10100368265180455_4665549_o.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	143761
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	271979_10100368265190435_4669635_o.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	143769
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	278631_10100368265295225_2254159_o.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	143777

  7. #291
    Registered User Chief_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    365
    I'm running 265/35-18 I have a roll and slight pull in the rear. Nothing in the front. How ever I'm running a 35 offset so it sits a little more out of the fender than yours.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

  8. #292
    Bond, James Bond McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,131
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scottci View Post
    Hi All,

    I have a 2011 WRX and have Rota Grids 18x9.5 +38 and currently have hankook v12 evo's on it at 255/35/18. I'm on stock suspension. I had to roll my rear fenders to stop it from rubbing/cutting the tires.

    Now I want to upgrade to some 265/35/18's because the 255's were too stretched and I didn't like the look (plus I want some more rubber so I dont scratch my wheels on curbs either!). Do you think I'll need any more modification to fit the 265's? I don't really want to do any more modding.

    On a separate note, the hankook evo's are toast after about 18k miles, all inner wear. I never got a re-alignment after swapping from my stock wheels...is that the cause do you think?

    Luckily Discount Tire is giving me 50% off my new tires. I think I'll switch to the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions...any thoughts?

    Thanks! Here's a few pics:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	279115_10100368265180455_4665549_o.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	143761
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	271979_10100368265190435_4669635_o.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	143769
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	278631_10100368265295225_2254159_o.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	143777
    You should always get an alignment when doing any of the following: New tires, swapping from winters to summers, new wheels, and ANY suspension modifications. The lack of an alignment is exactly why you had a lot of inner wheel tread ware. Lesson learned I guess. If you would have got an alignment you could have easily squeezed 30-40k miles out of those tires. Now because you didn't spend the extra $80 when you got new wheels you need to spend an extra $800 on new tires only 18K miles later.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  9. #293
    Registered User A265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in a igloo
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    You should always get an alignment when doing any of the following: New tires, swapping from winters to summers, new wheels
    I never heard of that.

  10. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I never heard of that.
    I believe it now! Because my winter tires are on the stock rims, and have perfectly even tread wear. My winters have been on for about 20k miles and look like they'll last another 40k. Live and learn I guess.

    Any others out there that have 265/35/18 and didn't have to pull their rear fenders?

    Thanks!

  11. #295
    Bond, James Bond McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,131
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I never heard of that.
    I guess it's just a matter of opinion. But I do believe an alignment should be done when going to a whole new setup for the first time, and again that is my opinion. For example, like what Scottci did, in that he got a whole new wheel and tire setup.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  12. #296
    Bond, James Bond McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,131
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I never heard of that.
    I guess it's just a matter of opinion. But I do believe an alignment should be done when going to a whole new setup for the first time, and again that is my opinion. For example, like what Scottci did, in that he got a whole new wheel and tire setup.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  13. #297
    Registered User A265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in a igloo
    Posts
    760
    I asked the alignment god.

    Alignment basics

    I agree with what he's saying, I will be checking mine once most potholes are filled.

  14. #298
    Registered User BlankWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    +23 would NOT be a good option at all.

    On another note I got my wheels and tires installed a few days ago.



    Nice! Looks so aggressive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #299
    Registered User BlankWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    +23 would NOT be a good option at all.

    On another note I got my wheels and tires installed a few days ago.



    Nice! Looks so aggressive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #300
    Registered User bullyhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    29
    2013 ia shot photo iapicture_zpsb315c05f.jpg

    matte blue xd9 photo 20140327_190834_zps206f57ac.jpg

    my car 13 wrx
    18x10 38+ matte blue xd9
    tires
    265 35 18 pilot super sport
    suspension
    RCE black springs stock shocks
    kartboy front tophats
    all fenders rolled
    rubs on one side in the rear when car is full of people, need to adjust camber on that side

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •