The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; NICE, this is exactly what I'm doing as soon as winter breaks. I figured this would hold me over until ...

NICE, this is exactly what I'm doing as soon as winter breaks. I figured this would hold me over until I fork the coin over for some new wheels. what lug nuts are you using? I planned on switching to red also and those look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gelmanskiii18 View Post
    Plast dipped for almost a year now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks. Like you, I'm saving some dough too for a nice 18 incher. But for now, stocks will work fine. This is the second winter with the plasti dip, power wash them, and still holding ok. Got the lug nuts from Sickspeed, very light.
    Quote Originally Posted by ears2305 View Post
    NICE, this is exactly what I'm doing as soon as winter breaks. I figured this would hold me over until I fork the coin over for some new wheels. what lug nuts are you using? I planned on switching to red also and those look nice.

Final thoughts on my future summer set-up before I pull the trigger??

Wheels: Enkei Raijin 18 x 9.5 et+45
    Tires: 255/35/18
    Suspension: Currently on Tein coilovers, f/r sways as well

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes those wheels are fugly if ur going to do a 18x9.5 do something that has a nice concave front or stick to a 17x9

Love bill

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post

I thought about the Raijin's when I was originally wheel shopping too, but ultimately went with something different (just personal preference). I went back and fourth about going 9.5 but was swayed against going over 9 inches wide (partly due to performance, and partly because of the tire cost)...The 9 inch wheel is actually much wider than I thought. I would go with 265's if you are going to 9.5 inch wheels. I have 255's on the 9 inch wide wheels that I have and they fit perfect. Good offset you have though, that will give you a much more flush look.

I Support ClubWRX
    These wheels do have a nice concave to it. How do I know you say? I have these wheels!!

Is there a certain reason why you don't want a 265 tires? 255 would be the lowest I would go with a 9.5 in wheel.also your going to have to roll the rear fenders.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    These wheels do have a nice concave
    not with a +45, 35 yes

It's very very minimal with a 45 offset and if you're going to run a bigger wheel you're slightly putting form over function so why stop there? Run a more aggressive offset as well you have to roll your rear fenders anyways

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't understand how the offset affects concave.

It's where the hubcap is so they could either be concave or deepdished. I believe.

Do you understand what Offset means? Quick picture that will illustrate how it would affect the concave of the wheel.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

I Support ClubWRX
    What I know about offset is the lower the number the more the wheel/tire stick out of fender. The higher the offset the more the wheel/tire are closer to fender. Theses wheels raijin are a one piece wheel so how can a lower offset affect the concave? I can't remember if enkei even makes a lower offset.

I Support ClubWRX
    Because the distance from the outside of the lip to center of the wheel is further away so the concave on the front of the wheel is deeper.

They make a 35 as well as a 38 i believe they may be special orders but i have seen them on cars.

This may help you understand the concept better
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwiqAr2bI-I

Ok, thanks for the input gang!

The degree of concavity of some wheels is affected by the offset.
    Some wheels, however, this does not apply to. For example:

With RPF1's, it is the width of the wheel that determines whether or not it is concave or convex.
    So with RPF1's, the 7", 7.5", 8", and 8.5" widths have a convex face regardless of offset.
    And the 9", 9.5", 10" widths, etc. all have a concave face regardless of offset.
    Above 9" on these, they all have the same lip and just the hub depth is changed to determine the offset.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post

This is the same setup I am planning to get!...... eventually

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    not with a +45, 35 yes

It's very very minimal with a 45 offset and if you're going to run a bigger wheel you're slightly putting form over function so why stop there? Run a more aggressive offset as well you have to roll your rear fenders anyways
    I have done a pretty fair amount of research on these wheels, and the only offset that Enkei offers in this wheel size (bolt pattern 5x100 wheel size 18" x 9.5") is +45. If you want any offset lower you have to go all the way down to an 8 inch wheel width. At that size they give you the option of +45 or +35. HERE is the link to the size chart for the Raijin.

EDIT: with a +45 offset you still have a nice little bit of concavity to the appearance.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.