The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Edit: Those are nice but more pricey......

Edit: Those are nice but more pricey...
    Last edited by kdeitrich; 10-15-2013 at 08:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I definitely have ruled out the ASA's for these, the weight id save would make me the money back over time mpg wise.. and they do look much sharper. Any other suggestions? and am i correct that i read the stock 12' wrx wheels are about 22 lbs?

Yeah the stockers are relatively heavy.

I'd suggest what I like, but what I like may not be what you like. My favorite wheels are Enkei NT03 +Ms
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yeah the stockers are relatively heavy.

I'd suggest what I like, but what I like may not be what you like. My favorite wheels are Enkei NT03 +Ms
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 240andwrx View Post
    Okay I'll look into a good spring strut combo, any recommendations? I want to try and avoid rolling if possible but if I have to I will but not too much
    Your going to have to roll the rear fenders for sure if you go any lower than stock height. I have eibach springs (which are .8in. drop) and I had to roll. With a 18x9.5 265/35 45et

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Your going to have to roll the rear fenders for sure if you go any lower than stock height. I have eibach springs (which are .8in. drop) and I had to roll. With a 18x9.5 265/35 45et
    ^ I Agree.

lol is XXR the only company that makes 18x8.75 +35?!

if so are their wheels any good?

Quote Originally Posted by bonesx0x2x4x View Post
    lol is XXR the only company that makes 18x8.75 +35?!

if so are their wheels any good?
    Their wheels are cheap and heavy. Their thing is that they sell wheels in 8.75 and other weird widths, which IMO, is just stupid. Pretty sure they do it so you can get extra "stretch" for all the stancetards.

I'd personally stay away from XXR wheels as there are many other better kinds out there.

what about a 18x9 +33 on my 11 wrx with a 245/40r18 tire?

I know ill have to roll the rear and adjust the alignment some but not much more then the 8.75 correct?

any input on the rota gforces?

what about a 18x9 +33 on my 11 wrx with a 245/40r18 tire?

I know ill have to roll the rear and adjust the alignment some but not much more then the 8.75 correct?
    +38 is perfect flush. +33 is def gonna poke. I'm running 255/35 on a 18x9.5+38 wheel it fits perfect but had to roll the crap out of the rears and mildly in the front to really drive the car hard with no rubbing. If you're lowering i wouldn't go with that fitment. Just my opinion.

I had a set of XXR 518's on my old sti and they started chipping in a week, I wouldn't buy em again personally.

So I'm going with rota grids chameleon 18x9.5 +38 with hankook Ventus v12 255/35r18s

I was gunna run eibach pro springs for about an inch drop roll the fenders and set the camber to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So I'm going with rota grids chameleon 18x9.5 +38 with hankook Ventus v12 255/35r18s

I was gunna run eibach pro springs for about an inch drop roll the fenders and set the camber to fit

Those are the same wheels/tire size I'm running trust me they will fit great. Def gonna have to roll the rears. I'll be rolling the fronts a bit too. There's no camber adjustment from factory but it was still within spec, used the cam bolts in front. The springs are good but you really feel how soft the sock dampers are, that will be my next upgrade no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyhooner7 View Post
    Those are the same wheels/tire size I'm running trust me they will fit great. Def gonna have to roll the rears. I'll be rolling the fronts a bit too. There's no camber adjustment from factory but it was still within spec, used the cam bolts in front. The springs are good but you really feel how soft the sock dampers are, that will be my next upgrade no doubt.
    Yeah I'm a mechanic full time and hunter certified in alignments I haven't looked into rear adjustments on these but I've done plenty of front camber adjustments I just hope the 1 inch drop will look as good as the coilover set up

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.