The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 341

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Edit: Those are nice but more pricey......

  1. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    216
    Edit: Those are nice but more pricey...
    Last edited by kdeitrich; 10-15-2013 at 07:26 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    216
    I definitely have ruled out the ASA's for these, the weight id save would make me the money back over time mpg wise.. and they do look much sharper. Any other suggestions? and am i correct that i read the stock 12' wrx wheels are about 22 lbs?

  4. #168
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Yeah the stockers are relatively heavy.

    I'd suggest what I like, but what I like may not be what you like. My favorite wheels are Enkei NT03 +Ms
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  5. #169
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Yeah the stockers are relatively heavy.

    I'd suggest what I like, but what I like may not be what you like. My favorite wheels are Enkei NT03 +Ms
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  6. #170
    Registered User WrxPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    452
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 240andwrx View Post
    Okay I'll look into a good spring strut combo, any recommendations? I want to try and avoid rolling if possible but if I have to I will but not too much
    Your going to have to roll the rear fenders for sure if you go any lower than stock height. I have eibach springs (which are .8in. drop) and I had to roll. With a 18x9.5 265/35 45et

  7. #171
    Registered User 98sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Your going to have to roll the rear fenders for sure if you go any lower than stock height. I have eibach springs (which are .8in. drop) and I had to roll. With a 18x9.5 265/35 45et
    ^ I Agree.

  8. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cohoes New York
    Posts
    78
    lol is XXR the only company that makes 18x8.75 +35?!

    if so are their wheels any good?

  9. #173
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesx0x2x4x View Post
    lol is XXR the only company that makes 18x8.75 +35?!

    if so are their wheels any good?
    Their wheels are cheap and heavy. Their thing is that they sell wheels in 8.75 and other weird widths, which IMO, is just stupid. Pretty sure they do it so you can get extra "stretch" for all the stancetards.

    I'd personally stay away from XXR wheels as there are many other better kinds out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  10. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cohoes New York
    Posts
    78
    what about a 18x9 +33 on my 11 wrx with a 245/40r18 tire?

    I know ill have to roll the rear and adjust the alignment some but not much more then the 8.75 correct?

  11. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cohoes New York
    Posts
    78
    any input on the rota gforces?

  12. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buffalo area, NY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesx0x2x4x View Post
    what about a 18x9 +33 on my 11 wrx with a 245/40r18 tire?

    I know ill have to roll the rear and adjust the alignment some but not much more then the 8.75 correct?
    +38 is perfect flush. +33 is def gonna poke. I'm running 255/35 on a 18x9.5+38 wheel it fits perfect but had to roll the crap out of the rears and mildly in the front to really drive the car hard with no rubbing. If you're lowering i wouldn't go with that fitment. Just my opinion.

  13. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buffalo area, NY
    Posts
    18
    I had a set of XXR 518's on my old sti and they started chipping in a week, I wouldn't buy em again personally.

  14. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cohoes New York
    Posts
    78
    So I'm going with rota grids chameleon 18x9.5 +38 with hankook Ventus v12 255/35r18s

    I was gunna run eibach pro springs for about an inch drop roll the fenders and set the camber to fit



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  15. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buffalo area, NY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesx0x2x4x View Post
    So I'm going with rota grids chameleon 18x9.5 +38 with hankook Ventus v12 255/35r18s

    I was gunna run eibach pro springs for about an inch drop roll the fenders and set the camber to fit



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Those are the same wheels/tire size I'm running trust me they will fit great. Def gonna have to roll the rears. I'll be rolling the fronts a bit too. There's no camber adjustment from factory but it was still within spec, used the cam bolts in front. The springs are good but you really feel how soft the sock dampers are, that will be my next upgrade no doubt.

  16. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cohoes New York
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyhooner7 View Post
    Those are the same wheels/tire size I'm running trust me they will fit great. Def gonna have to roll the rears. I'll be rolling the fronts a bit too. There's no camber adjustment from factory but it was still within spec, used the cam bolts in front. The springs are good but you really feel how soft the sock dampers are, that will be my next upgrade no doubt.
    Yeah I'm a mechanic full time and hunter certified in alignments I haven't looked into rear adjustments on these but I've done plenty of front camber adjustments I just hope the 1 inch drop will look as good as the coilover set up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •