The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Rota g-force 18x9 +35 on 235/40R18 on stock 2012 wrx Suspension other then sways. Will they fit? Been Searching all ...

Registered User CouldBeAnything8's Avatar
    Rota g-force 18x9 +35 on 235/40R18 on stock 2012 wrx Suspension other then sways.
    Will they fit? Been Searching all day and been looking in the wrong places and phone is about to die. And will I be able to run 245 later on?
    Last edited by CouldBeAnything8; 09-24-2013 at 11:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User CouldBeAnything8's Avatar
    Rota g-force 18x9 +35 on 235/40R18 on stock 2012 wrx Suspension.
    Will they fit? Been Searching all day and been looking in the wrong places and phone is about to die. And will I be able to run 245 later on?

Quote Originally Posted by CouldBeAnything8 View Post
    Rota g-force 18x9 +35 on 235/40R18 on stock 2012 wrx Suspension other then sways.
    Yes they should fit. You should consider stepping up to a 245 from the start. 7in wide wheels fit 235s easily. You'd be stretching more than you should...unless you're looking for herrafrush...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by 98sob View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    nice man...looks great! Thank you!

wheel fitment

hey im looking into getting rays gram lights 57dr in 18x9.5 +38 for my 2011 wrx sedan. car right now is on stock suspension but will eventually lower on coils. will i run into any fitment issues on stock ride height or when its lowered? planning on going with a 265/35 tire

I suspect you may need a bit of a rear fender roll.

How low are you talking?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I suspect you may need a bit of a rear fender roll.

How low are you talking?
    Not too low I'm going to leave around a two finger gap between fender and tire

Quote Originally Posted by 240andwrx View Post
    Not too low I'm going to leave around a two finger gap between fender and tire
    Your setup should look good with those kinds of specs. Still may need a rear roll though.

Any reason in particular for coilovers? You'd achieve a good stance like that with a good set of springs/struts and you'd have a much better ride quality as well as it would be a lot cheaper for better quality parts. Only coilovers worth spending money on are $1600+ or so for something like Feal 441s or KW V1s at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your setup should look good with those kinds of specs. Still may need a rear roll though.

Any reason in particular for coilovers? You'd achieve a good stance like that with a good set of springs/struts and you'd have a much better ride quality as well as it would be a lot cheaper for better quality parts. Only coilovers worth spending money on are $1600+ or so for something like Feal 441s or KW V1s at the very least.
    Okay I'll look into a good spring strut combo, any recommendations? I want to try and avoid rolling if possible but if I have to I will but not too much

How would these wheels fit on my stock 2012 wrx, Im guessing they would be fine as they are also 17's like the stocks. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ip&showRear=no
    Also does anybody have pictures of these wheels on a wrx? i saw the tirerack picture but that doesnt do much justice. People on Nasioc say they are heavy wheels also, but they are only 19.8 lbs while the stocks are aprx 22 lbs i believe. Just looking for experience/feedback from anyone, thanks

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the link doesnt work

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    the link doesnt work
    thanks, attempt #2 haha
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ip&showRear=no

i read somewhere that bbs actually makes these wheels, obviously just a lower quality considering the price. I doubt its true, just stating

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    i read somewhere that bbs actually makes these wheels, obviously just a lower quality considering the price. I doubt its true, just stating
    They do. They aren't terrible looking wheels...why not look at Enkei RPF1s? They look similar and are MUCH lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    They do. They aren't terrible looking wheels...why not look at Enkei RPF1s? They look similar and are MUCH lighter.