Traction control and hill assist lights turning on on freeway...

This is a discussion on Traction control and hill assist lights turning on on freeway... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2009 wrx. I hit a curb while doing a u turn under an over pass. Now my ...

Traction control and hill assist lights turning on on freeway...

I have a 2009 wrx. I hit a curb while doing a u turn under an over pass. Now my traction control and hill assist light come on at the same time after about 5 min of driving on the freeway. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How hard did you hit the curb (i.e. speed and relative level of impact)? What part of the car hit the curb? Can you see any damage?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Likely your alignment went out, which is sending unusual signals to the TC unit from the wheel speed sensors. Get your alignment checked.

I hit on the drivers side going maybe 40mph while making a left. I wont lie I was about to get on it then bam! It was a pretty viscous curb. Having no street lights didn't help. I had to go back the next day to see what I hit. My alignment is defiantly jacked up. And pretty sure my front rim is a little bent. Hopefully my wheel bearings will be alright. I took off my wheel of and looked at my tie rod and stuff it looked fine. Im getting an alignment next week. And Its probably a good time to get some new rims. I didn't think the alignment being off would throw up those lights but it makes sense now. Appreciate you guys response.

did the alignment fix it?