2011 sti brake conversion for wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 sti brake conversion for wrx within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello i am planning on purchasing a new wrx very soon, Ive been searching if anyone has or if it ...

2011 sti brake conversion for wrx

hello i am planning on purchasing a new wrx very soon, Ive been searching if anyone has or if it is possible to change over the sti hub to upgrade the brakes to stock sti brembos? I know its possible on the older years just wondering if anyone has done it to the new generation. If anyone has any help or info on what parts are interchangeable between the 2011 wrx to sti. I plan on doing it to the rear aswell would i need to swap out the booster mc? I dont plan on doing the conversion right away just piecing it together while i still have a warranty. Thanks in advance

(and no I cant buy an sti just want to upgrade the brakes overtime and rather do it with oem parts instead of a BBK)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As far as I know you don't need to change hubs. Just need to get the sti rotors redrilled to 5x100 or get different rotors. Something to that effect.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    As far as I know you don't need to change hubs. Just need to get the sti rotors redrilled to 5x100 or get different rotors. Something to that effect.

would i need the caliper bracket as well? I want to do it right the first time would i need to upgrade mc/booster?

Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    id rather change the rotor too & have the bigger friction surface

So whats the real deal here ? Do the STi Calipers bolt up to the WRX knuckle or is there a carrier that you need too ? Will factory WRX wheels fit after a swap ?

In other words, what factory Subaru parts are needed for a swap and what parts if any need to be modified ?

---Joe---

The STi Calipers will work HOWEVER your handbrake wont hold because of sizing issues I believe with the wrx and sti handbrake shoes. Godspeed sells a easy conversion kit for that though....
    Rear Impreza Brembo Fitting Kit - Godspeed Brakes

As for 2011 WRX wheel clearance issues......that idk.

Up front you can use any year USDM ('04-'011) STi caliper and '04 STi rotors. Easy bolt on.

In the rear since Subaru standardized on the larger parking brake it that not a issue for you to swap WRX to STI rotors. The bolt pattern is. '08-'011 STI rotors need to be re-drilled 5x100, or aftermarket dual pattern. (The extra 5x114.3 holes will not hurt a thing.) The '08-'11 STI rear calipers will bolt right up.

To save a buck don't use OEM rotors if you can avoid it. They are ~$300ea from the dealer. Centric Premium front rotors are as low as $84ea + shipping and rear are $76ea + drilling and shipping from KNSbrake.

You are on you own about WRX wheel clearance, but I don't think they will in the front. The Brembo calipers are rather large.

Oh, it's purely cosmetic, but if you care '04-'07 calipers are gold and '08-'11 are black.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How much are you planning on spending buying rims, tires, rotors, calipers, pads, etc etc...? What WRX are you looking at? If you are looking at the premium or limited model, I think you would be better off buying the STI. The price difference between the WRX limited and entry STI is $5K. If you are buying all these parts new I have to imagine you will be spending at least $2K (unless you get the BBS rims, then you have completely spent the difference in price between the WRX and STI) and will be voiding parts of your warranty.

For the STI - Along with the breaks, you get better hp/torque, much better suspension, better intercooler, and a rock solid transmission (along with a ton of other stuff).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    How much are you planning on spending buying rims, tires, rotors, calipers, pads, etc etc...? What WRX are you looking at? If you are looking at the premium or limited model, I think you would be better off buying the STI. The price difference between the WRX limited and entry STI is $5K. If you are buying all these parts new I have to imagine you will be spending at least $2K (unless you get the BBS rims, then you have completely spent the difference in price between the WRX and STI) and will be voiding parts of your warranty.

For the STI - Along with the breaks, you get better hp/torque, much better suspension, better intercooler, and a rock solid transmission (along with a ton of other stuff).
    im looking at the base wrx, i plan on spending 2k over the 3yr warranty time frame, this isnt going to be an over night thing im going to piece it together. trust me i want an sti very bad and if i save enough money and the insurance is close to the same i will get one, but incase i get a wrx i want to know how if i can but the sti brakes on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.