2011 WRX Wagon & Koni's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Wagon & Koni's within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jege41 I'm not going to lower the ride, but thx. That was for lokey......

  1. #16
    Registered User fahr_side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by jege41 View Post
    I'm not going to lower the ride, but thx.
    That was for lokey...
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Foster City, California, United States
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
    If you're running lowering springs you might want to consider a shorter, stiffer bumpstop for the rear.
    Stiffer than the ones Epic provides?

  4. #18
    Registered User fahr_side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    Sorry, I have no idea what Epic provides, so I can't answer that. I'm using stops from RE.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

  5. #19
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,176
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, just got around to seeing this. Thanks, fahr_side. They did come with new bumpstops for the rear. I just don't like how the car reacts to hard bumps and holes now. I love the new stance. Now I just need to firm things up a tad.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

    Greg

    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Foster City, California, United States
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Sorry, just got around to seeing this. Thanks, fahr_side. They did come with new bumpstops for the rear. I just don't like how the car reacts to hard bumps and holes now. I love the new stance. Now I just need to firm things up a tad.
    Lokey-

    I think you'll enjoy the setup...I'd be curious to see what you end up with in terms of the settings for the Konis. I've kept mine on the softer side, right now I'm a half-turn from full soft. I've also tried quarter turn and a full turn, full turn was a little too harsh for me.

    rsf

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    35
    It apears that Koni USA is out of stock on Koni's for 08 to 11 WRX at the moment, and are back ordered and expected to arrive sometime in the middle of the summer 2011.

  8. #22
    Registered User fahr_side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    Then check for stock on the LGT set if you're in a hurry. You will need some extra spacers to fit the rears, and it would be smart to turn a couple of extra grooves in the body so you can adjust ride height, but otherwise they fit the same. Many of us were using this set before the WRX-specific fitment became available.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    35
    THX, I can wait

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    35
    Hi
    I was curious to know what would be the most economical way of obtaining the cable/USB/connector so I can run EcuFlash on a 2011 WRX?
    THX

  11. #25
    Registered User fahr_side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    I buy them directly from the Tactix website, here. If you're looking to bundle other items together you might also check out Tuner Tools.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

  12. #26
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,176
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rollnsf View Post
    Lokey-

    I think you'll enjoy the setup...I'd be curious to see what you end up with in terms of the settings for the Konis. I've kept mine on the softer side, right now I'm a half-turn from full soft. I've also tried quarter turn and a full turn, full turn was a little too harsh for me.

    rsf
    I was just informed of the delay in getting these by the vendor. He said it would be mid-July before they get any in. I guess I'll be waiting, too....
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

    Greg

    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    35
    Ive never ran a motor hot(over tuned), I'm curious to know what the life expectancy of the mill drops to doing it? It has to have some negative effect on it, unless of course you never used the extra HP, but then whats the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
    I buy them directly from the Tactix website, here. If you're looking to bundle other items together you might also check out Tuner Tools.

  14. #28
    Registered User fahr_side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    You sure you want to discuss this in the suspension forum?
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    Posts
    7

    Red face Has the ride been what you expected?

    I have a 2011 WRX, and it's suspension is bottoming out, too much bouncing around as well. For instance my 2000 Protege will handle speed bumps and hardly ever bottoms out, with the Original Suspension...

    Front 8610 1453Sport will these give me the control i want the car to have
    Rear 8010 1055Sport will these give me the control i want the car to have

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    35

    Totally happy

    Hey how is it going!
    I'm totally happy with the Koni's and H&R upgrade. I'm sure that the Koni's on there own would have done the trick but since I was already in there I figured a 1 inch and a bit of a drop and a higher quality spring, what the hell go for it.
    The car feels like a beast now, and I have the Koni's only at about 50% so there is still lots more there if I wanted to stiffen it more. At 25 % it was to much like stock but without the floatiness. It will be the best bang for the buck in upgrades that you could do for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribded View Post
    I have a 2011 WRX, and it's suspension is bottoming out, too much bouncing around as well. For instance my 2000 Protege will handle speed bumps and hardly ever bottoms out, with the Original Suspension...

    Front 8610 1453Sport will these give me the control i want the car to have
    Rear 8010 1055Sport will these give me the control i want the car to have

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •