Question about JDM V7 struts and springs.

This is a discussion on Question about JDM V7 struts and springs. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently purchased a set of these and installed them on my 03 wrx. The driver side front strut has ...

Question about JDM V7 struts and springs.

I recently purchased a set of these and installed them on my 03 wrx. The driver side front strut has a clunk to it and was curious if these are known to have that? I also installed STi alum. control arms and a 24mm front sway with solid endlinks when i installed the struts and springs. I have gone through numerous times checking the torque on everything just to be sure.
    help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody

I assume they are the v7 STi inverted struts? If so, did you take them apart, clean and regrease them?

If not, that will likely be your issue. It typically occurs on the rear to to the grit & grim, but the design is the same on the front, so no saying it couldn't happen.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Yes they are inverted. does anybody have a picture of one taken apart so i know if anything is missing?