02 WRX with STi Suspension-wheel alignment..?

This is a discussion on 02 WRX with STi Suspension-wheel alignment..? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just recently had the 06 STi suspension (struts, springs, top hats) put on my 02 wrx. I was wondering ...

02 WRX with STi Suspension-wheel alignment..?

I just recently had the 06 STi suspension (struts, springs, top hats) put on my 02 wrx. I was wondering if the wheel alignment would be the 06 STi specs or the 02 WRX specs.

Thanks for any answers.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    They're whatever specs you want them to be. I don't trust ANY factory specs, personally.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Since the main components of the suspension tying everything to the car are the same, I'd err towards the WRX settings. But you really need to decide for yourself on this one. You can set it up however you like. There's no right or wrong answer here.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks guys. I just don't want my tires to wear quicker. I already lost one tire due to my previous struts being bent, causing too much negative camber.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    When you see a car that's worn its tyres evenly across the surface on all fours, you're sometimes seeing a car that won't turn. IMO responsive steering and max traction when cornering imply at least somewhat increased wear. How much depends on you. Look at the factory specs and see if it's something that interests you. Definitely go for 0 (zero) toe and then decide how much camber you like. Without toe, camber alone tends to be quite forgiving, so even at over 1' negative you may find you are not seeing dramatically accelerated wear. Meanwhile, the car will allow you to change directions relatively well too. Compromises, find one you can accept.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

F Camber: -2.0-1.5 deg.
    R Camber: -1.5-1.0 deg.
    Toe: Zero
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.