yonaka coilovers

This is a discussion on yonaka coilovers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anybody use these or ever hear about them yonaka spec 2 coilovers Suspension - Subaru WRX 2002-2007/ 04 STi...

yonaka coilovers

anybody use these or ever hear about them yonaka spec 2 coilovers
    Suspension - Subaru WRX 2002-2007/ 04 STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yonaka

i have never even seen anybody with these yet. i was thinking about giving it a try

Never heard of that brand. I would rather spend my money on something proven. Also, IMHO if your car is a daily driver and does not see the track often, coilovers are waste. A good strut and spring combo is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend $1500 on some random coilovers. Why not get a proven setup. I would get something like this:

Tokico Dspecs (w/spacers and rear adjustment extenders)
    RCE Blacks\Yellows (for a bit more comfort Swift Sports - Sti Version)
    Group N Top hats front/rear
    Camber Bolts
    WhiteLine Roll Center Adjustment Kit

Find a good alignment shop and get one of those lifetime alignment packages. Get a really good alignment to your own specs..something like -1.5 front, -.5 rear, and 0 toe all round.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 12-30-2009 at 08:58 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    never heard of that brand. I would rather spend my money on something proven. Allso, imho if your car is a daily driver and does not see the track often, coilovers are waste. A good strut and spring combo is the way to go.
    +1

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

unless...

Unless you want the look that a coilover offers that this mentioned setup does not... in my case... I dont like the look of springs on a wrx. But if your in the same situation as I and like the lower look... I'm sure everyone will agree to spend a good chunk of change on GOOD coilovers (TiC, Cusco, Endura-Techs, Ohlins, and stay away from Tein. They blow... literally...
    Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    Never heard of that brand. I would rather spend my money on something proven. Also, IMHO if your car is a daily driver and does not see the track often, coilovers are waste. A good strut and spring combo is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend $1500 on some random coilovers. Why not get a proven setup. I would get something like this:

Tokico Dspecs (w/spacers and rear adjustment extenders)
    RCE Blacks\Yellows (for a bit more comfort Swift Sports - Sti Version)
    Group N Top hats front/rear
    Camber Bolts
    WhiteLine Roll Center Adjustment Kit

Find a good alignment shop and get one of those lifetime alignment packages. Get a really good alignment to your own specs..something like -1.5 front, -.5 rear, and 0 toe all round.

What about the brand Megan? mmmmm I don't have $1500 to spend....can you recommend a good less expensive coilovers?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSubielove View Post
    What about the brand Megan? mmmmm I don't have $1500 to spend....can you recommend a good less expensive coilovers?
    This is a 2009 thread. Pretty sure it's dead.

To answer your question, if you don't have $2k to spend on coilovers, you don't really need coilovers. Megan Racing makes horrible quality coilovers. For lower budgets, first focus on a good set of tires, then look at adjustable swaybars, then a good strut/spring combo.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I notice that, but thought to just post to re-open the topic again. LOL.

Anyways. I have brand new set of tires, only have 5k miles. Whats a good strut/spring combo that you would suggest around my budget range of less than $900. I'm really a carguru your help is greatly appreciated.

Do you happen to know what the stock wheel/fender gap for the 2003 wrx?

I notice that, but thought to just post to re-open the topic again. LOL.

Anyways. I have brand new set of tires, only have 5k miles. Whats a good strut/spring combo that you would suggest around my budget range of less than $900. I'm really a carguru your help is greatly appreciated.
    Do you happen to know what the stock wheel/fender gap for the 2003 wrx?
    Stay away from Megan coils. They suck balls.

Start your own thread, you'll get more hits, and more answers to your questions.

You want to know what the fender gap is, get a tape measure
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Stay away from Megan coils. They suck balls.

Start your own thread, you'll get more hits, and more answers to your questions.

You want to know what the fender gap is, get a tape measure

Ok, I'll take your advice in starting another thread.