02 brembo swap please help!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 brembo swap please help! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have the opertunity to swap wheels tires and brakes off a 04 sti onto my 02 wrx. problem being ...

Exclamation 02 brembo swap please help!

i have the opertunity to swap wheels tires and brakes off a 04 sti onto my 02 wrx. problem being my old gear off my wrx has to go back onto the sti before it goes to away.
    questions are...

1. will all the sti brakes/ rotors fit the wrx.. no problem bolt right up?

2 what problems might i encounter when putting the wrx parts
    back ok the sti.

3 was told there might be some issues with the rear brakes/ e brakes anybody know of any?

Thank you for your help and info
    newbie with a subie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anybody..?

Anybody...?

Fronts bolt on fine with the use of the 5x100 bolt pattern rotors.

Rears will require a bracket to mount to the stock location on the backing plate. Also the parking brake will not work as the STi uses a larger inner drum diameter on the parking brake. DBA makes a set of rear rotors that are designed for the use of Brembos on the rear of a WRX. Your options are then as follows:

1. Buy the DBA rotors and be happy.
    2. Swap out the entire rear diff and drive assembly from an STi.
    3. Don't use your parking brake.

Pick one of the above for the rear of the car.

Enjoy.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

+1, plus the STi is going to go thru similar issues using your parts.

But the wheels are good to go for you...
    Last edited by Pavia; 12-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

thank you for the info.

i think i am going to swap the fronts only for now. and roll the bbs rims as well, then order brackets and rotors down the road.
    anybody ever roll with brembos up front and stock wrx brakes in the back.? i know the brake bias is going to be off. is it going to be crazy to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by 02wrxnickb View Post
    thank you for the info.

i think i am going to swap the fronts only for now. and roll the bbs rims as well, then order brackets and rotors down the road.
    anybody ever roll with brembos up front and stock wrx brakes in the back.? i know the brake bias is going to be off. is it going to be crazy to drive?
    It will work, but go with what Wrx Wagon said. Just make sure your lugnuts are torqued down

Also, I hope you know STi rotors are pricey if you need new ones at your next brake job.
    Last edited by Pavia; 12-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Why would anyone consent to putting weaker brakes on an STI?

its going to the salvage auction. needs to drive

its going to the salvage auction. needs to drive
    There's a laundry list of things you need to pull off that car. Or buy it at auction.

- EJ257 plus associated parts
    - 6spd Tranny and drivetrain
    - Interior
    - Steering wheel/airbags
    - etc, etc, and molto etc...
    Last edited by Pavia; 12-17-2009 at 05:48 PM.

anybody know who makes the brackets so the brembo sti rear calipers will both up?

anybody know who makes the brackets so the brembo sti rear calipers will both up?
    Fastwrx.com

Rear Brembo Adapter Kit (02-05 WRX) - Brakes

On sale for $549 (DBA Rotors and Brackets)
    Last edited by Pavia; 12-22-2009 at 08:21 AM.

As far as I can tell there is no OEM or aftermarket solution for installing WRX brakes on an STI while retaining the parking brake.
    It's going to be difficult to sell this STI without a parking brake.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    As far as I can tell there is no OEM or aftermarket solution for installing WRX brakes on an STI while retaining the parking brake.
    It's going to be difficult to sell this STI without a parking brake.
    If anyone sees an STI at an auction (with red brake calipers) run for the hills!!!

fast wrx makes the brackets u don't need to swap the whole thing if u dont want it is quite pricey though

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    If anyone sees an STI at an auction (with red brake calipers) run for the hills!!!
    no kidding that would be an aweful suprise. hey guys checkout my sti... why wont it stop hahaha
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.