Uhhh... there are rust holes in my subframe! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Uhhh... there are rust holes in my subframe! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Same here, 2002 with 57,000 miles. My dealer told me last year, (with 52,000 miles) about the rust. This year ...

Same here, 2002 with 57,000 miles. My dealer told me last year, (with 52,000 miles) about the rust. This year he tells me it may not pass inspection next year. I do live in upstate NY, and do drive in snow. The good news is the tech tells me it's common and hears there maybe a recall soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just got a recall from Subaru....too late....

I purchased an 07 in February '11. It had 35,000 on it. It came from the salt belt. My twin sons and their best friend were in a horrific wreck in it on July 21. He lost control of the car and smashed into a tree. The son who was driving broke 3 back bones, his clavicle, wrist, ankle, and 3 ribs. He had a tramatic brain injury as well as a ruptured spleen. The other son shattered his arm and is still unable to use it 4 months later. Their friend broke seven bones including his back and peeled the enamel off his front teeth. It has been the single worst experience of my life. Through it all the detectives have not issued a ticket because they are having trouble determining what could have caused him to loose control. There was no alcohol or drugs involved. The only thing they could come up with was speed and there were absolutely no skid marks on the road. Yesterday I get a recall from Subaru explaining the rust issues and stating that they could cause arms to break in the front suspension and the driver to loose control and crash. They suggested that if it happens NOT to brake. I am just speechless. I guess my next step is to have an independent inspector inspect the car as it still sits in the police impound yard.......If you own an Impreza built between '92 and '07 have it inspected IMMEDIATELY. The repairs are free.

Sorry those years are 02-07 that are being recalled.

I have the same problem with a really rusty subframe on my 02 WRX with 140k miles. Is that part of the recall? How do I find out if I can get it fixed for free?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin13 View Post
    I have the same problem with a really rusty subframe on my 02 WRX with 140k miles. Is that part of the recall? How do I find out if I can get it fixed for free?
    I think the recall was just the control arms. Have them check those for sure though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

ive actually replaced quite a few sub frames recently, and yes only the control arms are covered under the recall. its actually more common than you think.

my control arms were replaced under warranty^

my rad support is pretty much held on by the top since the bottom is all rusty and a good amount of surface rust on my frame
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123