Stabalizer link?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stabalizer link? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This looks like the stabilizer link is broke? Can you get that pressed back in? And i'm at work so ...

Stabalizer link?

This looks like the stabilizer link is broke? Can you get that pressed back in? And i'm at work so how safe is it to drive?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAGE_00055.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, and I also noticed while under the car that my right inner CV joint is leaking. Looked into it and saw that a new axle is the cheapest and safest way to go. For those who did it, where did you buy it? I checked Advance real quick and its 80 bucks. Also if I were to do it my self, other than a impact or breaker to get the axle nut off, what tool do i need to get the snap ring off? We use small ones at work, but i'm sure I will need a bigger tool for this one.

I would just buy a new set of aftermarket links.

I dislike doing CV boots. They are one of my least favorite things to repair on a vehicle. I have yet to do one on a Subi, but on all other vehicles it was worth it to buy the whole half-shaft then just swap it out and return for your core charge. The first few times I did them, I would just replace the boot after cleaning and inspecting everything. It's much better to just buy the shaft, saves time in the long run.

Yea I am going to replace the axle, for the price it makes sense. I just dont have the tools to do it, but some of my boys do so I should be ok. But i checked on some after market bar links, and 115 bucks is way to much, when the OEM is only 30.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would really recommend aftermarket (specifically Kartboy) endlinks.

I would like to upgrade whenever I replace something, but ive got an axle and a clutch to replace so its gonna have to be OEM for now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    I would like to upgrade whenever I replace something, but ive got an axle and a clutch to replace so its gonna have to be OEM for now.
    End links are cheap. But a good quality one... They may even be cheaper than the OEM ones.

The only type that I would recommend is a "Spherical Ball" style bushing. Such as the Perrin.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

My stabalizer link just snapped on my 02 wrx while reversing 40 min from home. When i reverse the wheel turns completly. I can drive foward but only tried going 15 mph to a friends to park. Is it safe for me to drive home? Can i just not reverse or do i have a more serious problem the. Just the stabalizer link Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	108681

I Support ClubWRX
    You can drive home, just be very careful, as your car will handle much differently. If you have basic tools available, remove the broken endlink to keep it from banging into things.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Was able to get the car jacked up. Closer looked revealed this Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	108689 completely rusted through... Fff now what? Leaving the car in place for now. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Danie24932 View Post
    Was able to get the car jacked up. Closer looked revealed this Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	108689 completely rusted through... Fff now what? Leaving the car in place for now. HELP!
    This makes me nervous, I have an 02 as well. Perhaps looking into replacing these things should be next on my list.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by WRidesX View Post
    This makes me nervous, I have an 02 as well. Perhaps looking into replacing these things should be next on my list.
    Yeah supposedly there was a recall on the lower control arm so im hopeing to get it replaced by subaru. Gonna call the dealership first thing monday, ill let you know how it turns out.
    Subaru Announce Recall of Impreza (02-07) Forrester (03-08) & Saab 9-x - DirtyImpreza Forums.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.