rotor options?

This is a discussion on rotor options? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I picked up some new hawk hps pads, ss brake lines and fluid. I was looking into getting new slotted ...

rotor options?

I picked up some new hawk hps pads, ss brake lines and fluid. I was looking into getting new slotted rotors to complete the kit as mine are starting to shudder. So far I've come across Stoptech's Power Slotted and some DBA's. Thoughts?

-Car is an 06 WRX w/ 60k miles
    -daily driven street use with the occasional auto-x session (where I usually experience fade after a couple runs.)
    -currently stock wheels though probably upgrading to 17x8's later this year
    -$400ish price range
    -looking for improved stopping w/ little noise and better resistance to fade than stock.

Thanks for the input.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For most purposes blank rotors are fine (i.e. brembo blanks). Slotted rotors are more for the "look".

Ok now that is said.... I have been running DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors for about 20K w/Hawk HPS Pads, SS lines, Synthetic Brake Fluid, & MBC. They have been great and much more consistent/confident feel then the stockers for daily driving.

For the AutoX I run Hawk HP+ pads and I have no fade and it much improved over the stock setup.

IMHO DBA > Stoptech....The DBAs are made 1mm thicker than the stock brake rotors which aids in heat dissipation.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 01-25-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if your considering doing any track days, I'd spend the extra coin on the DBA's- they make a great rotor

if your not, in all honesty- any decent rotor (including stockers) will do the trick
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman