Gold wheels on silver car - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gold wheels on silver car within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't think gold wheels belong on any car....

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think gold wheels belong on any car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I don't think gold wheels belong on any car.
    Even his?

I dig it. Coming from experience, I have silver on silver for my winter setup and silver on gold for my summer setup:

Winter:

Summer: (Mucho mods have been added since last winter! )

2002 PSM Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan DD & Weekend Auto-x toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Go back to the dealership and get a test drive with the salesman that told you it was a 6speed. Get on the highway and wind 'er up through the gears, make sure you give it some muscle when you put it in "sixth".

Quote Originally Posted by CCos9688 View Post
    I dig it. Coming from experience, I have silver on silver for my winter setup and silver on gold for my summer setup...
    Thanks for the input. What size/offset/tires are your rota torques?
    -riz

Quote Originally Posted by rlmd09 View Post
    Thanks for the input. What size/offset/tires are your rota torques?
    -riz
    Torques are 18x8 +48, I'm running 235/40 Falken Azenis rt615's and they rubbed in the front on the splash guards when I had my coilovers at about mid ride height, but the rears have no problems at all.

Go back to the dealership and get a test drive with the salesman that told you it was a 6speed. Get on the highway and wind 'er up through the gears, make sure you give it some muscle when you put it in "sixth".

Quote Originally Posted by CCos9688 View Post
    Torques are 18x8 ...

As a side question off topic,
    when you got your 18s, was it like putting lead shoes on your car?

I REALLY want 18's, but I keep returning to the whole moment of inertia argument, and by rough calculation, the 17x7.5 rota torques have significantly less than my stock 17s and 18x8's.

Help me decide!!!

-riz

As a side question off topic,
    when you got your 18s, was it like putting lead shoes on your car?

I REALLY want 18's, but I keep returning to the whole moment of inertia argument, and by rough calculation, the 17x7.5 rota torques have significantly less than my stock 17s and 18x8's.
    The stockers (depending on what you drive) weigh anywhere form 16.8-20lbs each (16x6.5 vs. 17x7). The 18x8 torques' weight in at 20.8lbs each, and to be perfectly honest I cannot tell any sort of difference. I will say though that the grip provided by being able to run wider tires on an 8" wheel is definitely a plus. It seems that everyone and their mother is running 18x8.5's and even 18x9's on their sti's these days; I say go for the 18's you wont notice any difference and the aesthetic appeal and wider tires make up for any loss.

OR..............buy these guys:
    Enkei RPF1's 18x8 weighing only 17.8 lbs
    Last edited by CCos9688; 09-18-2008 at 09:54 AM.

I kinda do and don't like it.

It's not TOO bad, however it looks much better with, say, black, blue, grey, etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 300.jpg  
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

Well here is my 08 with grey STI BBS rims on it (rims f.s.) I like gold on so but with silver grey car I don't really know.

I enjoy Silver with gold, but not as much as silver and silver. The gold is just so sexy and Impreza ready. I have seen most of the same combos on EVOs(white/G black/G silver/G) it just does not sit the same as gold on the Impreza. The only other cars that I have seen gold schemes were Caddys and LGTs, and one impala. But they were not silver. It is unusual and simply a Subaru Impreza rally inspired color in my heart. I would ride with gold on my Impreza no matter the color.
    Fey
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX
    ~RalliTek 22mm front+rear swaybars
    (RalliTek and Whiteline endlinks)
    ~Tanabe Springs
    The Svex 1994 SVX; Going to rally it until it or I die.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    ^^^^ Agreed, Gold wheels = Subaru coolness. Gold wheels are almost a "heritage" if you will.

I would have gold wheels on my car no matter what color the car was.

With that though..... I think it looks good, and that's certainly subject to different opinions.

Silver/silver looks good, classy.... but just doesn't make much of a "statement"

Silver/black or Gunmetal looks kinda ricey I think. Thats just me though. Maybe it's cause I'm old

Silver/gold still screams "Hey, look at me".... but not in a 15-year old pimply-faced teenager way.

2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

i have to see about the gun metal rims im getting them next week for my car they are enkei there gun metal gray i got them off of craigs list for 250 with rubber but im going to talk the guy down cause the rubber needs to be replaced but the rims are mint http://http://hudsonvalley.craigslis...841061776.html
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodisiac View Post
    I enjoy Silver with gold, but not as much as silver and silver. The gold is just so sexy and Impreza ready. I have seen most of the same combos on EVOs(white/G black/G silver/G) it just does not sit the same as gold on the Impreza. The only other cars that I have seen gold schemes were Caddys and LGTs, and one impala. But they were not silver. It is unusual and simply a Subaru Impreza rally inspired color in my heart. I would ride with gold on my Impreza no matter the color.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    ^^^^ agreed, gold wheels = subaru coolness. Gold wheels are almost a "heritage" if you will.

I would have gold wheels on my car no matter what color the car was.

With that though..... I think it looks good, and that's certainly subject to different opinions.

Silver/silver looks good, classy.... But just doesn't make much of a "statement"

silver/black or gunmetal looks kinda ricey i think. Thats just me though. Maybe it's cause i'm old

silver/gold still screams "hey, look at me".... But not in a 15-year old pimply-faced teenager way.

+1000
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Gold wheels on silver car...
    Anybody have this combo?
    If so, please post a pic;

I'd like to see how this flys.

-riz
    i prefer gold wheels for a shiny red car..looks very much i prefer gold wheels for a shiny red car..looks very much elegant. I have gold rim which I bought from chilton and it looks good on my red wrx..
    Last edited by kurtdaniel; 08-03-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast