A heads up about the tires on your car - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on A heads up about the tires on your car within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 Did you ever find out what that means? Because I'm having the same problem... mine read ...

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Did you ever find out what that means? Because I'm having the same problem... mine read something like 91H
    91H is the Service Description. Your looking at the wrong numbers.
    A service description identifies the tire's load index and speed rating. It can be found on the sidewall of the tire after the size listing.

The load index is the tire size's assigned numerical value used to compare relative load carrying capabilities. The speed rating is a letter denoting a fixed maximum speed capability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    91H is the Service Description. Your looking at the wrong numbers.
    OK, yea, but I can't find the magic code on my tires for the life of me. Maybe it's hidden somehow...like a puzzle....

thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna go check my tires when the sun comes up.

And after checking my tires they were all made in 06 so I'm good for now.

but the reporter dude was right, I had to look on the back of the tires to find the build date.
    Last edited by Tinywagon; 04-01-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: checked tires.

can any one tell me what exactly happens if i use wheel adapters to fit 05 sti rims on my 04 wrx? i've heard of 6gun but isn't there a cheaper way??

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by alextf1 View Post
    can any one tell me what exactly happens if i use wheel adapters to fit 05 sti rims on my 04 wrx? i've heard of 6gun but isn't there a cheaper way??
    Try searching the forum for this question, like in the Suspension and AWD or Tires/Wheels section. This is just a sticky thread on tires...

OK, yea, but I can't find the magic code on my tires for the life of me. Maybe it's hidden somehow...like a puzzle....
    try the other side of the tire..

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by sangwooT View Post
    try the other side of the tire..
    I did

question about rims

looking for alittle help im bout to purchase some wheels i was wondering if 18 inch rims are two big for my 2003 wrx if i should go with just 17s.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwrx88 View Post
    looking for alittle help im bout to purchase some wheels i was wondering if 18 inch rims are two big for my 2003 wrx if i should go with just 17s.
    Check out the comprehensive modification list for our cars. I snagged this list from somewhere online once: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11...iorityList.doc

They say go 17x8, as light as possible... I imagine that's where you'll see the best perfomance for our cars, or at least the best compromise between performance and ride quality.

I did
    i thought i posted a reply
    anyways the DOT (dept of transportation) numbers are on both sides of the tire but the last 4 digits are only required to be on one side.
    the DOT numbers should be near the bead of the tire..where the tire meets rim.
    so if you scan your tire near the rim you should be able to find something like MC11 2J1B 0209 :: where the 0209 represents the month and year when it was made.

hope this helps you and feezor inspecting your current tires and purchasing new ones

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by sangwooT View Post
    i thought i posted a reply
    anyways the DOT (dept of transportation) numbers are on both sides of the tire but the last 4 digits are only required to be on one side.
    the DOT numbers should be near the bead of the tire..where the tire meets rim.
    so if you scan your tire near the rim you should be able to find something like MC11 2J1B 0209 :: where the 0209 represents the month and year when it was made.

hope this helps you and feezor inspecting your current tires and purchasing new ones
    Right on thanks man yea I ended up finding my numbers. I'm well within the safety zone!

Good stuff, thanks! I'm glad I watched that cause I'm getting new tires within a couple weeks here. I'll have to be sure to check the dates.

curious if any one has pics of 01 wrx silver preferably on white or pearl white rims ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 01wrx1904
    curious if any one has pics of 01 wrx silver preferably on white or pearl white rims ?
    How does this have anything to do with a safety bulletin about tires?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    How does this have anything to do with a safety bulletin about tires?
    Not to mention, did they even make the WRX in 2001? At least, here in the US...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast