WRX 04 lower spring suggestion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX 04 lower spring suggestion within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got the WRX 04 and I love it. I plan to drop its ride height, and looking at this ...

WRX 04 lower spring suggestion

Just got the WRX 04 and I love it. I plan to drop its ride height, and looking at this
    EIBACH Sportline lower spring with F/R 1.6"/1.4". (Part number 4.1477).
    So I quickly run to my baby and estimate her current height. It's about F/R 3.25"/2.00".

3.25 - 1.6 = 1.65 Front
    2.00 - 1.4 = .6" Rear
    So after doing some calculation, i got F/R 1.65"/ .6".
    Also im looking at another set that give me F/R 1.45"/ .8".

So which one of these two you guys think is the most suit for my car? Remember it's just estimate number, but i doubt it's close enough.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where are you measuring those heights from? BTW, WRXs dont like to be lowered very much... the camber curves blow... so you may want to rethink the lowering springs... maybe a set of JDM Pinks or STi Takeoffs.

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

I measure from the fender to wheel surface. Anyway, JDM Pinks and STi Takeoffs are spring or what?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadeking View Post
    I measure from the fender to wheel surface. Anyway, JDM Pinks and STi Takeoffs are spring or what?
    yes they are pretty common on the market... the STi takeoffs can probably be had from a person with an STi that has done springs or coilovers for 100 bucks or less. the JDM Pinks come in a couple of different rates
    http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ing&prodid=234
    /\ theres a link that better describes the rates

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

oh i dont know how much you have or want to spend but but if you want some height adjustibility but you dont want to break the bank you may way to look into Grond Control Coilovers. its just a threaded peice that sits on your stock spring perch and Grond Control allows you pick the springs rates you want. pair them with a good performance shock and youve got youself a coilover set-up on par with something a quite bit more expensive

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

What's the difference JDM pink( or STI takeoff) and EIBACH Sportline lower spring?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadeking View Post
    What's the difference JDM pink( or STI takeoff) and EIBACH Sportline lower spring?
    the amount of lowering... for the most part the springs rates are close to the same... however, the biggest difference is how much you lower it... the lower the shocks the less time your shocks will last... not to mention the lower your springs are the more time you spend in positive camber... which is very bad for handling unless you run an absurd amount static camber. which will kill your tires. but the again im sure you could put the springs on and just go for the look.. but i guess that depends on your priorities with the car. if you want ultimate handling then i would say to look elseware, but if you want the look then go for it...

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Im not into ultimate handling though. So I decide to go with the EIBACH one. Im not sure whether I measure the correct location or not but here's the pics. Pls correct me if that's not the way to measure ride height

The right Front wheel with red arrow.

there isnt really a right or wrong way as long as it works for you... generally we measure form the top of the fenderwell to the center of the wheel so i just thought that your measurement was a little short i was just curious...hope the sportlines work out great for you! post up pics when you can!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

SO my measurement was short lolYeah, the Sportline gonna be fine I think. Thank you for the help Matt.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ride height should be measured from the center of the hub to the wheel arch- measuring to the top of the tire is relatively meaningless- folks run all kinds of different tire combos that vary in height- it's all apples and oranges w/ that scenario. Measured from the hub makes it all relative regardless of the tire/wheel combo

the Eibach spring rates are softer than the WRX pinks or STi takeoffs, in addition to lowering more
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you shoulve gone with the prokit.. eibach themselves say that if you plan on getting the sportline, you need to replace your stock struts or they'll blow out due to the drop being so agressive. just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 04-10-2008 at 07:31 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

So the Prokit is ready to install without replace the strut right? It would be nice to see u guys post up your car with lower spring and how much did u drop it.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yup the prokit will work with your stock struts so you dont have to worry about anything. they ride great too.. but the drop isnt that extreme:

before:

after:
    5 minuts after install:

a month+ after they settled in:

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

look good for me. How many inches did u drop it for front and rear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.