Sway Bar Questions

This is a discussion on Sway Bar Questions within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After reading the above post on sway bars and the intended use of the car, i'm still wondering which is ...

Sway Bar Questions

After reading the above post on sway bars and the intended use of the car, i'm still wondering which is the best for me? I was reading if you are going more to the street/some autox then a larger fixed sway bar is needed and a rear 22m adj. bar is needed but makes the car understeer. I thought always going larger on the rear and somewhat smaller on the front would be more beneficial or at least keeping the sway bars the same size front and rear with adj. end links front and rear also. Right now i'm a little confused on which sway bars to buy, i've checked out the perrin's and they seem the way to go. I've also looked at the cusco and a little at the whitelines. I was leaning on the perrins and going with 25mm all around with front and rear end links. Any thoughts on 25mm bars front and rear? and other pervious experience with street/autox would be benificial.

Current Suspension mods include:
    -Tein S-Tech Springs
    -Front Strut Tower Bar
    -Rear Strut Tower Bar

I need to install H&R camber bolts
    2004 WRX @ Stage II with a Pro-tune.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

our suspensions have terrible front camber curves which means that they have a very limited range of optimal traction. going outside of that means the car with more easily lose traction on that end. having a big front sway bar on our car allows the camber to stay where is needs to.. while seeming counter-intuituve to most it works. from a lot of people ive read that in SCCA stock racing running a 27mm front sway bar can actually make the car easier to rotate. do some searching im sure big sjy has a wrtie-up on exactly whats going on there... when i get around to modding my suspension (i.e. when i have money) im going to go with some endura tech coilovers and a 27mm front, 24mm rear adjustable whitelines. but thats down the road a bit. hope this helps explain a lil!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    our suspensions have terrible front camber curves which means that they have a very limited range of optimal traction. going outside of that means the car with more easily lose traction on that end. having a big front sway bar on our car allows the camber to stay where is needs to.. while seeming counter-intuituve to most it works. from a lot of people ive read that in SCCA stock racing running a 27mm front sway bar can actually make the car easier to rotate. do some searching im sure big sjy has a wrtie-up on exactly whats going on there... when i get around to modding my suspension (i.e. when i have money) im going to go with some endura tech coilovers and a 27mm front, 24mm rear adjustable whitelines. but thats down the road a bit. hope this helps explain a lil!

Matt

Yeah that definitely helped out. I've only got the s-tech springs on now, but will eventually be getting a set of coilovers for the car, so far i've looked into tein, k sport and the enduro techs.
    2004 WRX @ Stage II with a Pro-tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent69 View Post
    Yeah that definitely helped out. I've only got the s-tech springs on now, but will eventually be getting a set of coilovers for the car, so far i've looked into tein, k sport and the enduro techs.
    ive been looking into doing the exact samething when ive got the moeny and from those three i would easily gowith the endura techs... ridden in them... felt great, not overlly stiff like the other two you said. also you may want to look into ground controls + koni's. Ground controls are just aluminum sleeves that go over your stock struts and allow height adjustment, plus the konis are some of the best aftermaket shocks for the WRX. you can also pick your spring rates on the Ground Controls. i plan on going with the arai pink spring rates.... so you get some of the best shocks, custom spring rates, and height adjustablity. everything you want from coilovers for about $900.... cheaper than everything you mentioned and probably better than all three. just my thoughts

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...gory.php/CA=90
    /\ Grond Control Coilovers

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all
    /\ Konis' (im sure you can find them cheaper it was just in my favorites)

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

VF30 powered 02 wagon