What do anti-lift kits do?

This is a discussion on What do anti-lift kits do? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this is something that i have been wondering, and cant seem to find an answer to.. Anyone have any input? ...

What do anti-lift kits do?

this is something that i have been wondering, and cant seem to find an answer to.. Anyone have any input?

Thanks..
    07 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #115
    Military Militia #115

Tuned By Jake

REDNEX 4X4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They alter caster angle and dynamic camber with it, and they shift the task of controlling nose attitude from the chassis to the suspension.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

im going to make my own... they arent very complex

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They alter caster angle and dynamic camber with it, and they shift the task of controlling nose attitude from the chassis to the suspension.
    Correct. Simply put your car follows the road better and allows you to go into corners a little harder.

I have the Whiteline ALK Comfort version and it was a very nice upgrade. Do that with steering rack bushings and you will have a tighter feel and a more controlled ride.

Also, if you do an ALK it will change your class for Autocross or SCCA, I believe.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 03-25-2008 at 03:51 PM.

well from a physical stand point the only thing that changes is the transverse suspension bushing (the lower rear front arm bushing) get repositioned lower. this means that the front of the arm stays the same and the rear drops increasing the angle. while doing this it allows the front tires to do their job of sticking to the road... soooooo... i plan on simply taking the transverse bushing off, sticking some 1/2 aluminum spacers under it and bolting it back in place. repositioning the bushing down about the same as every other anti-lift kit on the market for what will be free for me.

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    Correct. Simply put your car follows the road better and allows you to go into corners a little harder.

I have the Whiteline ALK Comfort version and it was a very nice upgrade. Do that with steering rack bushings and you will have a tighter feel and a more controlled ride.

Also, if you do an ALK it will change your class for Autocross or SCCA, I believe.
    it does change your scca class... quite substantially actually. sm2 if im not mistaken

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si