Handling

This is a discussion on Handling within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know most of us are looking for better handling for those days that we go to the track to ...

Handling

I know most of us are looking for better handling for those days that we go to the track to autocross or track days. I was recently told of a simple mod and wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has heard of it or done it.

This mod is applied to cars who use camber plates in the front. I guess it could apply to the rear as well. Any way it invloves repositioning the camber plates so that the adjustment is back and forth rather than side to side. You basically are adjusting the caster and not the camber.

Discuss...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive heard this as well. also ive been comtemplating another way to adjust caster, by simply putting aluminum or steel spacers between the frame are your transverse bushings, esentially an alk for almost no money. i dont plan on putting coilovers on my wrx anytime soon, but i may try out those spacers just for fun if its not too hard.

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    w/ camber plates instead of orientating them at 90 degrees to the car (where they are adjusting just camber) you cant them at an angle so you get both (neg camber (inward) and positive caster (rearward))

like so

"Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    w/ camber plates instead of orientating them at 90 degrees to the car (where they are adjusting just camber) you cant them at an angle so you get both (neg camber (inward) and positive caster (rearward))

like so

So would you agree that it is a good mod?, being that you are the suspension/handling guru

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if your getting the camber you need, clearly this is the way to go- neg camber + positive caster = win:win

you can't get as much neg camber w/ them canted like this (it will vary plate design to plate design), if your not getting the camber you need then your back to the regular orientation

with the exception of some motorsports setups, most will get plenty of neg camber w/ the plates canted
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Full Tein

Anyone running the full Tein strut, spring, set up? I'm thinking about running them on my '07 but not sure if its worth the money. My suspension feels pretty stiff already so i might just go with the spring only just to get that lower center of gravity.