which wheels (and tire size) to use to dress up a 08 WRX - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which wheel to use for the WR blue WRX 5 door

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rota G FORCE

8 28.57%
  • Rota Torque

17 60.71%
  • other style/color (post your thoughts)

3 10.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on which wheels (and tire size) to use to dress up a 08 WRX within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by fkarkvan Don't the 08's need a 50 sidewall for 17's? Stock '08 = 205/50/17...

Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    Don't the 08's need a 50 sidewall for 17's?
    Stock '08 = 205/50/17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know that, I thought that the OP said that he was going to get a 45 sidewall. My bad, it was somebody else.
    Last edited by fkarkvan; 05-01-2008 at 07:12 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #911

Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    I know that, I thought that the OP said that he was going to get a 45 sidewall. My bad, it was somebody else.
    a 45 series sidewall would be fine if you went with a wider tire, such as a 225 or a 235. The main reason for worry if you went with say a 205 / 45 /17 is the overall rolling diameter of the tire would reduce, so your rotations per mile would increase and then your speedo would be off. As long as you keep the rotations per mile and rolling diameter about the same you should be fine. Or if you dont care about your speedo being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnizu View Post
    a 45 series sidewall would be fine if you went with a wider tire, such as a 225 or a 235. The main reason for worry if you went with say a 205 / 45 /17 is the overall rolling diameter of the tire would reduce, so your rotations per mile would increase and then your speedo would be off. As long as you keep the rotations per mile and rolling diameter about the same you should be fine. Or if you dont care about your speedo being wrong.

Yep, he should also be fine with 215/45's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.