Poor mans gold wheels (painting) - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Poor mans gold wheels (painting) within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Pactin I hope so, looks like I could fit my (fat) thigh in the front wheel gap. ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    I hope so, looks like I could fit my (fat) thigh in the front wheel gap.
    Or a whole turkey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

17s

Quote Originally Posted by Abluewrx View Post
    17s
    Foreal?
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

yeah haha. maybe the gap looks bigger cause the wheel is turned? idk lol

Wrinklechops
    yeah haha. maybe the gap looks bigger cause the wheel is turned? idk lol
    Maybe. If those are 17s then screw me sideways running through a forest

yeah tehy are. i dont think they make those rims in 16. belive me, i get a whole bunch of **** from my friends for it not being lowered. i am soon just gotta get the money together. they say i drive a monster truck

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Maybe. If those are 17s then screw me sideways running through a forest
    yeah tehy are. i dont think they make those rims in 16. belive me, i get a whole bunch of **** from my friends for it not being lowered. i am soon just gotta get the money together. they say i drive a monster truck
    LOL. I dunno.. I believe that you believe you got 17s, but I don't think you'd have that much wheel gap with 17s down there.. try going on TireRack and superimposing these Kazeras on your car and see how it looks in comparison.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

me painted my advan RS from black to real black! while at it, me painted my calipers to gt3RS-orange

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 5One View Post
    me painted my advan RS from black to real black! while at it, me painted my calipers to gt3RS-orange

Now that looks sick. How did you do the calipers like that? And you were able to keep the Brembo logo... man, I want to do that. Thought about taking mine to a powder coating shop but I'm not sure if they would hold up to the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Now that looks sick. How did you do the calipers like that? And you were able to keep the Brembo logo... man, I want to do that. Thought about taking mine to a powder coating shop but I'm not sure if they would hold up to the heat?
    +1 Agreed that looks freakin awesome. Two of my favorite things in the world: The color Orange, and Brembos. Put the two together...I feel a little wiggle in the pants
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

the shop sand down the caliper n spray a hi-temp base coat before the top coat. the thin sticker logo was then put on. a final coat of clear lacquer for added shine & protection. its been a few months now, paint work still good other then abit dirty from brake dust but once hose down with brake cleaner, it shines again..
    Last edited by 5One; 12-18-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: pictures request

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 5One View Post
    the shop sand down the caliper n spray a hi-temp base coat before the top coat. the thin sticker logo was then put on. a final coat of clear lacquer for added shine & protection. its been a few months now, paint work still good other then abit dirty from brake dust but once hose down with brake cleaner, it shines again..
    You should put the pictures of it back up. Those were sick.

bumping up a good DIY. doing my stockers this weekend
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

I did this last spring and im just keeping an eye on the paint to see how the salt and harsh wisconsin winter is gonna do to my paint job, they still look good as far as I can tell but I am gonna take them off and clean them up really good in spring and carfully check out how the paint held up.

Has anyone used body filler on their wheels to fix a curbing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.