Poor mans gold wheels (painting) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Poor mans gold wheels (painting) within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; that looks really good andy :thumbsup:...

that looks really good andy :thumbsup:
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice.
    <---I'm not sure if I want flat black or gold for my rs

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

I would recommend adding a primer step after sanding and prior to the paint. Clear primer would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Now what do you do if you have so much brake dust...you can't wash it off? Should I just sand it off and then rinse?

Stupid STI Limited Enkeis are so dirty and aren't looking good anymore. I think its time to make them Gunmetal and turn them into my winter rims
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    if you weren't so lazy, they would never have gotten that way
    hehehe

You're right

Seriously though...can anyone answer my question?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good, Andy; I did basically the same thing when I painted my WRX stockers.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

You're right

Seriously though...can anyone answer my question?
    how "thick" is the dust? I'll get the name of this stuff I have (spray) that's beast on brake dust.. will dull painted surfaces though, but if youre painting them, that isnt an issue.

I used this stuff and a plastic puddy knife, along with brass bristle brush with light pressure, and cleaned the embedded dust off wheels I bought a year or so ago..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

the more i look at this thread the more i want to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    how "thick" is the dust? I'll get the name of this stuff I have (spray) that's beast on brake dust.. will dull painted surfaces though, but if youre painting them, that isnt an issue.

I used this stuff and a plastic puddy knife, along with brass bristle brush with light pressure, and cleaned the embedded dust off wheels I bought a year or so ago..
    My brake dust is like a powdercoating on it

Seriously, I had to use the rough side of a dish sponge to get anything off, using heavily concentrated Simple Green...and a 5500psi powerwasher...the ish is tough!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice Andy....
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

curious- is this possible to do with the wheels still on the car? you can probably mask the tires and everything with them still mounted, no? except you'd probably paint the lug nuts too
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    curious- is this possible to do with the wheels still on the car? you can probably mask the tires and everything with them still mounted, no? except you'd probably paint the lug nuts too
    not to mention the rotor and the caliper
    just take em off, laaaaaazy boi

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    not to mention the rotor and the caliper
    just take em off, laaaaaazy boi
    This reminds me of a thread on the Bimmerforums where some retard wanted to spray paint his calipers, so he sprayed everything in the wheel well red, including the rotor but not limited to the spring, struts, and all the lines and control arms...seriously what a retard. I searched for pics, but couldn't find any. I have never seen someone get flamed so much for a stupid thing to do, but someone that dumb deserves it.

Looks nice! Any pics on the car?

is it easy to do a lip? I have 2005 WRX rims [has a dip that can be apinted inside]. any smooth way of doing that w/o overspray? I want to make my cims like Time Attacks, lol
    2007 OBP 2.5i Special Edition 4EAT
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #080
    Current Mods: SuperBrightLED 194W 6-cluster parking lights; 7443 15-cluster brake lights,'05 WRX rims, WRX axleback, DRL disable, Perrin replacement Filter, 8000k HID kit, intake silencer delete, RA UR flaps, OEM foglights, and Shock Sensor

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clin10 View Post
    is it easy to do a lip? I have 2005 WRX rims [has a dip that can be apinted inside]. any smooth way of doing that w/o overspray? I want to make my cims like Time Attacks, lol
    preparation is key. Take your time with masking, paying attention to detail, and they'll turn out ok.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast