WRX brake pad differences - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX brake pad differences within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; should be- take a pic of your rear caliper I can tell if it's a two pot or not...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    should be- take a pic of your rear caliper I can tell if it's a two pot or not
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes your right it has 2 pot rear. The rears the Advance and almost all autopart stores around here have is 1004 and the fronts are 929's Can I just get the hawk pads from Tirerack and those will work.

I Support ClubWRX
    dozens of dealers that carry Hawk- yup just insure it it's for the 2006 WRX and/or reference the pad codes

Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_WRX View Post
    Yes your right it has 2 pot rear. The rears the Advance and almost all autopart stores around here have is 1004 and the fronts are 929's Can I just get the hawk pads from Tirerack and those will work.
    Subaru Brakes - Gruppe-S.com

That is a link to the pads that WILL fit your '06 WRX (scroll down a bit). Gruppe-S sells the HAWK HPS fronts for $83 and rears for $74 both with FREE shipping (cheaper than tire rack).
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 03-01-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Mike,
    Which are the right Hawk pads for the 09 WRX ?

HPS Front 634100647 ?
    HPS rear 634100461 ?

HP+ f 634200647 ?
    r 634200461 ?

Thanks

Mike
    (503)440-1960
    09 WRX 5 door
    DGM
    Surgeline tuned w/bolt on's

Just in case Mike has not answered...

For 08-09 WRX:

Front HPS Pads hawkHB432F.661

Rear HPS Pads hawkHB557F.545

see: 2008-2009 Subaru WRX Axxis Ultimate Deluxe Hawk Ceramic HPS & HP+ Performance Brake Pads, JSC Speed Brakes

or

HAWK HPS Brake Pads - Brake Pads
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 03-02-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Thanx guys. I have one more question I dont race I just drive hard Im looking at the DBA 4000 rotors front and rear are they good rotors with the stock calipers.

I Support ClubWRX
    yup ^^ the pad FMSI numbers for the 08/09 are front D929, rear D1114

the 929 is the same front pad as the 03-05 WRX, the rear is rather new

So anyone with suggestions on good rotors to work with the stock calipers. I dont like how the stock ones rust so quickly sit in my drive way for 2 hours and there is rust all over the, I saw these at tirerack
    DBA 4000 Series Rotor

Thanx guys. I have one more question I dont race I just drive hard Im looking at the DBA 4000 rotors front and rear are they good rotors with the stock calipers.
    I run them and love them (DBA 4000 Slotted front/rear w/Hawk HPS pads for street HP+ for the autoX). Great for a DD/weekend autoXer.

However, I must say that you could do just as well with some Brembo Blanks, a brake fluid flush and fill (use sythetic), some SS break lines, and a good set of pads (ie Hawk HPS).

Well I think Im going to get the DBA 4000 front and rears and also going to get some hawk front and rear pads. I tried to call tirerack and their number is disconneted or not working. Those hawk pads have the square backplate with the holes drilled. I know the picture at tire rack are just stock photos but I dont wanna spend $150 and get the wrong ones.

Well I think Im going to get the DBA 4000 front and rears and also going to get some hawk front and rear pads. I tried to call tirerack and their number is disconneted or not working. Those hawk pads have the square backplate with the holes drilled. I know the picture at tire rack are just stock photos but I dont wanna spend $150 and get the wrong ones.
    For the Hawk pads try: GRUPPE-S

They have Free shipping and their price on the pads is lower than the Tire Rack (I have yet to find them for cheaper).

As for the DBA rotors, shop around for the best price....but check: Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    For the Hawk pads try: GRUPPE-S

They have Free shipping and their price on the pads is lower than the Tire Rack (I have yet to find them for cheaper).

As for the DBA rotors, shop around for the best price....but check: Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports
    Thanx for those 2 websites you saved me $150.00. And I guess Ill order the stainless steel lines and new fluid while im at it.

Thanx for those 2 websites you saved me $150.00. And I guess Ill order the stainless steel lines and new fluid while im at it.
    Nice $150...wow. It pays to shop around, epecially in this economy. Glad I could help.

For the SS lines I suggest Technafit (cheaper and just as good as the Goodrich): Subaru 02-09 WRX & 04-09 STi Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, JSC Speed (shop around for the best price though and contact JSC and they will match, JSC is a very reputable)

Fluid: I use Valvoline Full Synthetic Brake fluid which you can get at almost any auto parts store for cheap.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 03-02-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    Nice $150...wow. It pays to shop around, epecially in this economy. Glad I could help.

For the SS lines I suggest Technafit (cheaper and just as good as the Goodrich): Subaru 02-09 WRX & 04-09 STi Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, JSC Speed (shop around for the best price though)

Fluid: I use Valvoline Full Synthetic Brake fluid which you can get at almost any auto parts store for cheap.
    I hate being cheap, But I really Hate paying autostore prices. I was bidding on a complete set of Dba 4000 f/r on ebay but was outbid. by $.02 grrrrrrr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast