wagon suspension question

This is a discussion on wagon suspension question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the more i read about wagon suspension here the more confused i get. i am considering springs for my 04 ...

wagon suspension question

the more i read about wagon suspension here the more confused i get.

i am considering springs for my 04 wagon. either the pink wagon springs or the prodrives. also considering the koni inserts to beef up the struts a bit. will this change the drop of the springs at all? in my mind it doesn't seem like it would, but i am no car pro, just someone who enjoys driving. if they did affect it would there be a better choice to match them up with. is there a better choice anyway?

i am also considering camber bolts for the rear to get more adjustment range when i get an alignment. any thoughts on that? necessary or no? are there a certain kind of camber bolts i should get? and where?

lastly, any pics of either the pink springs or prodrives on a wagon, i've found a few, just wondering if there are some i missed.

thanks, i hope to be riding lower soon.

edit: i also am running 225 width tires. i will probably need to roll the fenders as well right, i'll probably just play it safe on that and do it anyway.
    superwagon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will need to roll your fenders, but instead of camber bolts you could just notch out one of the bottom holes on the strut mounts to get more camber. Dont know about different springs, I went with the Praxis System.

you definitely wont need to roll your fenders to fit a 225 in the wagon... unless youre getting coilovers and plan on dumping the car to the ground.

all of your options listed are good ideas. go with any one of those. also, i've never heard of this praxis system. some details on that please?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

I have the USDM pinks on my 04 wagon and love it, moderate drop but definitely less body roll. Struts doesn't affect height, springs do. Rear camber is not adjustable, need camber bolts to do it, gruppe-s carries eibach camber bolts IIRC for $25 + shipping. What size rims and offset are you going to run with the 225's? I have the 17" BBS with 225/45/17's with no rubbing issues. As long as you purchase rims with close to stock offset (52-53) you shouldn't have to roll your fenders. G'luck .

i have the ssr competitions 17x7.5 which i believe have an offset of +50. i just looks like it would be rather close if i lowered it. i'll probably roll them to have peice of mind and not be worrying about it constantly.

i think i'm going to go with the pink springs after all, still wondering whether i should do the koni inserts at the same time or wait.
    superwagon!

More than likely you have to roll the REAR fenders but not the front. Depending on how low the drop will be with whatever springs/struts and depending on the actual tire. Some 225's actually measure wider then others...so it just all depends. You just have to go for it and see what happens. You may not get rubbing unless you are fully loaded. Or you may only get rubbing on high speed banked turns (on/off ramps).

Here is a link that may help some: Wagon's & 225/45-17's
    Open minds, free powder!

XXX Santa Cruz boards for life! XXX

Wait on the Koni Inserts. I have them and love them, but I'm heavy into auto-x. For daily street driving, I was quite happy with my stock struts.

yeah, i was worried about the rear fenders mostly, it seems like my 225's are rather wide. i'm going to do it (or have it done) before or at the same time. also going to pass on the inserts for now, they are expensive, and i'll see how i feel with the new springs.

thanks for the response, just have to save a few more bucks. my finger is hovering over that buy button!
    superwagon!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    pic of mine on pinks

The wagon pinks are a pretty good jump up in rates over oe~ 35% jump front, ~ 45% rear, I think the oe dampers will handle them OK, but Koni's will handle them better. I agree w/ BlkWRXWag- try them w/ oe struts first. The 04+'s receive a firmer valving than the 02/03's did.

I rolled my fenders (rears), it was pretty easy ( I rented a roller) and worth it. I'm running 225's that are borderline 245's w/ no rubbing- this w/ a relatively low offset wheel too- et 46mm.

Big Sky
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

what is a good place to find the wagon pinks, i've found a few places with sti pinks, but i'm not sure if the wagon specific ones are available.
    superwagon!

i've been running 225's since about 15K miles (and I'm pushing 100K now). They fit just fine.

I'm using the stock wheels and running at stock height.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by boolean
    what is a good place to find the wagon pinks, i've found a few places with sti pinks, but i'm not sure if the wagon specific ones are available.

Where I got mine....

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=627

Nice folks!

Steve B
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in MN
    Where I got mine....

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=627

Nice folks!

Steve B
    Jamie does a good job there
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman