03 WRX Wagon Spring and/or Strut Install - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 03 WRX Wagon Spring and/or Strut Install within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I changed my current rear sedan struts for some wagon ones same year and everything is good besides the 17mm ...

I changed my current rear sedan struts for some wagon ones same year and everything is good besides the 17mm bolts on the top wont tighten. What did i do wrong? Is it normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this may sound like a stupid question, when it says torque to spec, what does it mean? how do you know that you have torqued to spec?
    I'm still new to this and trying to learn quickly.

torque

Quote Originally Posted by fares3356 View Post
    this may sound like a stupid question, when it says torque to spec, what does it mean? how do you know that you have torqued to spec?
    I'm still new to this and trying to learn quickly.
    "Torque" refers to the amount of force required to tighten the nut. Some nuts need/are designed to be tighter than others for the car to stay together and operate safely. Using too much torque can ruin a nut/bolt/equipment. The correct amount of torque/tightness for each bolt is specified by Subaru/Manufacturer. A lot of DIY's list the correct torque, but I believe they are also listed on maintenance manual sites, though I don't recall off hand what that link is. You might call a local Subaru dealer/maintenance shop if you can't find it by Google/search.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.