Custom Rear Endlinks
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Rear Endlinks within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Can someone please point me in the right direction of how I can go about making custom endlinks. I have ...

Custom Rear Endlinks

Can someone please point me in the right direction of how I can go about making custom endlinks. I have an 04 wagon with a whiteline adjustable rear swaybar. I read a thread of how someone custom made their own endlinks from hardware out of a home depot (or some other hardware store?), but I can't find that thread. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks like i answered my own question by finding the thread over at www.i-club.com
    here is the link if anyone else is interested

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75744

That won't work on your wagon. That's only for an STi since the mounting points are on top of the control arm. Unless you find one that's in the shape of a C.

I hope I can work something out. I'll post pics if i find something that can work with the wagon.

I'm blocked from i-club and too lazy to look myself (internet is sooo slow here) but there are pictures of mine on http://img.reack.com/WRX somewhere, probably around page 7.

i decided to just get whiteline endlinks to match with my bar cuz i realized i dont have the time to go look for hardware and play with it a little to work. sorry for the disappointment.

oh and here are the pics of custom STi links.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails endlink2.jpg   endlink3.jpg  

how did you make that and where did you get the pieces?

The metal was scrap steel my dad scrounged up at work, and the bushings are by Energy Suspension. Not a bad $10

Fronts?

It looks like this design could work for front end links on normal WRXs. Anyone done it?

I took the fr. end links off of my car to investigate. One thing that complicates it is that the two bolts involved are different sizes. I took the pieces and a pic of what I was trying to duplicate into a local bearing distributer. He didn't have any rod ends that fit the bolts and I don't know what the two bolt sizes are.

Thoughts?

T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

qoncept- teach me to make those!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatgroundhog
    qoncept- teach me to make those!!!
    Wish I could, man. I'd like to take some welding classes, or maybe have my dad teach me if I ever get back to Iowa.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.