Rear Sway Bar/EndLinks Install - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rear Sway Bar/EndLinks Install within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; nope, no squeaks. not much oversteer, but I can definitely tell the difference from stock. the car's more to the ...

nope, no squeaks. not much oversteer, but I can definitely tell the difference from stock. the car's more to the neutral side.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    any squeaks? is oversteer that noticeable? how about body roll? I am installing mine this weekend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just to follow up, I have had no problems with the Perrin rear sway bar and endlinks after my install. I just finished the front sway and endlinks, and I can't believe the difference just driving around the street. I have the rear set in the middle and front set full hard and the car is on rails, at least to me. We'll see what happens when I AutoX in Phoenix this weekend.

Gotta love AutoX in January.

can u post some pics and tips for the front install? thanks
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

the click noise is probably a loose endlink bolt...hit it w/ a torque wrench and your set
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

at 40-45 mph in my car with plenty of room i can get sideways holding 4th gear, done it 3 or 4 times now, but i just have the bar kit. no pretty perrin links...

I am considering getting the perrin / progress rear swaybar. I am concerned with the mounting brackets. They look like they hang alot lower then the stock brackets and any other aftermarket brackets out there. I want maximum ground clearance.

Has anyone experienced any ground clearance issues with the perrin / progress rear sway bar set up?

if you ever have ground clearence problems, then you need to come back to the streets and stay off good the good old rocky mtns.... my only problem is the bar hits the rubber hanger for the exhaust

I have decided to go with the Cobb front and rear sway bar combo (hotsubaru.com 4th O July sale). The rear sway bar mounts in this package don't hang as low as the perrin / progress mounts.

Thanks for your input turbo_bxr

The newer perrin mounts (the ones that dont look like P's) don't hang any lower than stock.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

Quote Originally Posted by Richie03
    I have decided to go with the Cobb front and rear sway bar combo (hotsubaru.com 4th O July sale). The rear sway bar mounts in this package don't hang as low as the perrin / progress mounts.

Thanks for your input turbo_bxr
    NP G/l with your swaybars!

i think that noise is the bar hitting the bottom of the car, i dont like the thought of that, but the bar seems to be pretty close to the bottom of the car in the middle. I dont think that its loose bolts, because i tightened em up real well, and it only makes the noise on bumps. Anyone else concerned by this?
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

man i got my endlinks and wow big diff. when they wear in a bit.... im loving them... what size front bar do you guys reccomend or should i just get hthe perrin front adj. with links also and put it on the light setting?

Just changed my RSB, 2005 wrx wagon. Changed to a 2003 sedan RSB.
    The '05s have 2 bolts on each ofthe bushings, one takes of the bolt and the other takes off the nut. The nut has about 1/2 inch of exposed thread and requires a 12mm deep socket, just a heads up!

That was a great walkthrough. I did a rear sway bar install and made a walkthrough as well.

Rear Sway

Wrinklechops
    Yea, it is my conclusion that the rear swaybar is really simple. At least, compared to the front.

Man what a PITA the front is. I started this afternoon and gave up about 11pm. Gonna have to finish it tomorrow.

Damn stripped bolts and nuts and rounded heads...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast