Front Strut Tower Brace - Install Instructions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Front Strut Tower Brace - Install Instructions within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Looking for install instructions for an sti '04 front strut tower brace onto an '04 wrx sedan, also to purchase ...

Post Front Strut Tower Brace - Install Instructions

Looking for install instructions for an sti '04 front strut tower brace onto an '04 wrx sedan, also to purchase a strut tower.
    Has anyone done this or could provide me with instructions or link to instructions?
    Please Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It should be as simple as removing 5 or so nuts from each side.... and then setting the thingy on there and tightening them back. Instructions should come with it too....

Originally posted by crazycam31
    It should be as simple as removing 5 or so nuts from each side.... and then setting the thingy on there and tightening them back. Instructions should come with it too....
    do you know where i get one from an STi?

yeah.

1.remove bolts on upper strut tower (6). 12mm. On the pass, side, you will have to remove the horn bolts too.

2. Put strut tower bar on.

3. reinstall 6 bolts.

4. Reinstall horn.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    yeah.

1.remove bolts on upper strut tower (6). 12mm. On the pass, side, you will have to remove the horn bolts too.

2. Put strut tower bar on.

3. reinstall 6 bolts.

4. Reinstall horn.
    where can i get the STi tower new?

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=23789

The link is for the club wrx.net vendor listing. Many of them will have what you are looking for. Im going easy on you cause your new, but i suggest you search for things like that before you post such an easy question.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

You can get an STi replica off ebay for like 30 bucks plus shipping. Another thing with the strut bar is that youll have to remove the AC line brace on the right side and push the line down to fit the strut bar over it. Plus with the horn youll only be able to get one bolt on, so add some Locktite to the threads.

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

i heard you have to install a strut brace while the car is in the air with no load on the suspension in order to really get the full effects of the strut bar. Others say that the strut towers are so close to the firewall that there is no need to even have a strut tower brace.

I bought a whiteline front strut bar off a guy from one of the other sites and that thing is a pian to install. I honestly can't do it. I'm not the best with tools and I don't ever claim to have the "know how" but this thing looked and sounded simple. I have spent 3 days trying to do it and at least 30 minutes each time. I CAN'T do it!!!
    The bar is way to close to the fire wall and the bar won't fit in there. I'm starting to think the guy "sold" me on the wrong bar but at the same time I wouldn't down that I'm just that stupid.

http://www.filtsai.com/sti/strut_bars/index.php

i know it's not a whiteline one but may give you some ideas if the whiteline one is not a 1 piece bar.

Thank you for the link. I actually went about it slightly differently. I just bent the braket for that connects to the fire wall (the one holding the AC line) down some to have the bar clear that line. It didn't bent the AC line itself just pointed it downward.
    The real problem is that the firewall is holding me back! I don't know if whiteline makes different strut bars for different years but the guy that sold it to me said it would work with any impreza from MY04 - MY07.
    I'm going to LIC on friday and getting a few little things installed.

1: that flipping strut bar
    2: front lip (just because I don't have a jack to lift it
    3: front sway bar bushing because they sweek

All simple stuff but a lot easier if I can lift the car more than 4"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.