02/03 WRX sway mount upgrade - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 02/03 WRX sway mount upgrade within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just want to make sure that all of this will work ...

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just want to make sure that all of this will work together before I buy it all...

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/c...showprevnext=1
    Then the 04 mounts / equipment....

This should all work fine since the bar is 20mm and should be everything I need for an install correct?

EDIT: I think I'l need the 20mm bushings as well as the other mount pieces?
    Last edited by mike270; 03-14-2005 at 01:02 PM.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mike270
    Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just want to make sure that all of this will work together before I buy it all...

Then the 04 mounts / equipment....

This should all work fine since the bar is 20mm and should be everything I need for an install correct?

EDIT: I think I'l need the 20mm bushings as well as the other mount pieces?
    Yup- you'll ned both the left/right brackets, two clamps, two nuts. I don't think you'll need the bushings as I'm 99.9% sure the Whiteline bar comes w/ it's own

You can double check w/ jamie and give her a call though.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Thanks for the tips Big Sky! This will save me a lot of money on mounts and give me a bit of peice of mind that nothing should break back there easily.

I will post how the install goes. I will be ordering later this week and install next week hopfully. Bye-bye 13mm bar!!!

And as far as I can tell Jamie has the lowest prices on Whiteline stuff I have seen by far. One stop shopping!
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

check and see if the mounting brackets come with the kit..

The progress rear sway bar i got for my MY02wrx sedan did. I posted pics above, I was going to buy the 04 style and realized it was coming with it. I didnt realize that the 2.5rs only runs 13mm swaybar. This will be a big inprovement. Are you just doing the rear sway bar? The stock wrx bar for my car was 20mm in front adn rear i believe. I set my rear bar at 23mm so there is only 3mm difference betweent the two. I dont know what size bar you are running in front but if its 13mm and teh rear is 20mm-24mm that maybe a large difference.

Also if you are looking at improving steering and driver responce/feedback then i suggest doing either whiteline or noltec steering rack bushing. i was so skeptical of a little piece of urethane but now i am convinced after doing it.

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

It doesn't look like the Whiteline come with the mounts. They do come with the bushings it seems like. Right now I am just doing the rear bar but I plan to upgrade the front as well sometime soon. I don't know how big the RS front sway bar is or how big a front bar I should get so I will need to do a little research before committing to anything. I have the opportunity to buy a stock STi front sway bar which I think is 19mm. Would this complement the rear 20-24mm nicely or would it even work?

It will be a big upgrade for sure. Maybe I can experience a little oversteer for once rather than just plowing through corners. I can't wait.
    Last edited by mike270; 03-15-2005 at 06:47 PM.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

yeah you ll like it alot..

I just got done installing eibach pro spring kit, progress rear adjustable sway bar with upgraded brackets and helix solid endlinks, and noltec steering rack bushing. Also i got a little more negative camber up front when i got it aligned. With the stock re92 that i got on for winter i cant believe how i can throw around the car in the back road twisties. I cant wait for there to be no more snow storms so i can put my rota tarmac 2 on with yokohama avs es 100 tires on. I have given friends of mine rides in the car before the suspension upgrades and then after and they were smiling. One of my friends brothers did a complete suspension over haul in his volkswagen gti so he is a performance and handling nut. We went to a car meet and he got to ride shot gun and he was amazed how the car handled. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

W00T!!

I just ordered everything. I hope I can get it all early next week so I can have a bit of fun with it.

I will be sure to post how things are. I am sure the upgrade will be worth every penny.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

Well, replaced my stock 02 mounts today with mounts from an 04 USDM STi and they fit great, even with my Cusco 22-24mm bar Another great one from my boy Big Sky!!!

*good mod*
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234