02/03 WRX sway mount upgrade - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02/03 WRX sway mount upgrade within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; if any body wants a set of rear 04 mounts for the sway bar. i have a pair. they are ...

if any body wants a set of rear 04 mounts for the sway bar. i have a pair. they are in great shape, and come with the brackets and the mounts and the bushings.
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: book

Originally posted by rskamfar
    Do you have a service manual ? And if so how or where did you get it ? I would love to have one !
    http://techinfo.subaru.com

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I installed the Whiteline upgraded mounts this weekend and wanted to contribute my experience.

I found that front bolt on the passenger side to be impossible to get at, so what i did was open the gas filler door, unbolt the three screw/bolts and the pipe swung right out of the way.

saved much time and frustration.
    First time booster

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    good idea ^^^^, but don't forget swivel sockets are your friends (as are "happy wrenches"-ratcheting wrenches)

yeah, I've got the swivels, pivot extensions, ect. but nothing was getting in there w/o moving that pipe.

I couldn't even get the bolt started with my fingers
    First time booster

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

i gota progress rear sway on order..

with helix endlinks. I f i order these 04 brackets andclamps and i have a MY02 with the 20mm sway bar can i use the bushing oem one and just open it up or does the sway bar come with bushings. Subydude said i didnt need to order his heavy brackets but i want to make sure when the parts come in i am ready.

I f i get the 04 style can i just use that for an adjustable sway 22mm-24mm? Or wont it work?

thaks for the help

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 04+ brrackets utilze a different shaped bushing- I think the old style would work OK, but probably worth the coupls of bucks to get the right ones.

If you get the 04 bushings you could probalby open up the hole a little to accomodate the 22mm bar. My guess is the 22mm adj bars are coing w/ the old style bushings, but I could be wrong.

The 04 bushing is a little wider and has a "scalloped" shape.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by silver_rex_4eat
    with helix endlinks. I f i order these 04 brackets andclamps and i have a MY02 with the 20mm sway bar can i use the bushing oem one and just open it up or does the sway bar come with bushings. Subydude said i didnt need to order his heavy brackets but i want to make sure when the parts come in i am ready.

I f i get the 04 style can i just use that for an adjustable sway 22mm-24mm? Or wont it work?

thaks for the help

chris

I'm pretty sure that the progress rear sway bar comes with heavy duty mounts. At least that's what I remember when I looked at Oakos' site.

thanks

the rear bar showed up the other day and there are two shiny silver brackets in one o f the boxes inside.

chris

ps does any one know the torque specs for the bolts for the sway bar attachments. I think there is 6 bolts. I need endlink bolts and bracket bolt specs if any has them handy .
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

I Support ClubWRX

19 ft lbs for the brackets, 34 ft lbs for the sway links

thanks alot big sky...

I opened the small box that came with the progress rear sway and there are two large mounting brackets that come supplied. I take a few pics tomarrow when my eibach springs get delivered.

There is three settings for the bar. It says the hole closest to the front of the car is the softest ie22mm and the last hole towards the rear is the hardest setting ie 24mm. and themiddle is obviously 23mm. Since i have the 02 wrx with the larger stock bars in front and back, should I set the new bar to the softest setting or in the middle setting. What have people done with there cars and how much do you notice. I am sure i will haave to try it out and see for my self but i was just wondering.

thanks for the diagram big sky

chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Start on the softest setting- give it some time (try to find a nice, safe place). If that doesn't work, bump it up one notch and try that.

It's only ten minutes to change settings

here is a pic of progress mounting bracket

this came with the progress adjustable rear swaybar . Also in the pic is helix endlinks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brakes%2C%20suspension%20parts%20and%20pic%20of%20family%20008.jpg  

where can i get these mounts for my '04 sedan?
    <--------- Custom Shift Knob saweeeeeety!

2004 SUBARU WRX SEDAN **** FOR SALE ****

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2!sMoOvE!
    where can i get these mounts for my '04 sedan?
    You've already go them oem on 04+'s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast