What part is this

This is a discussion on What part is this within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Is this my outer tie rod or rod end? Need to know what part to order or if i can ...

What part is this

Is this my outer tie rod or rod end? Need to know what part to order or if i can get the whole thing. Also does my sway bar look bent?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

holy yikes ! inner tie rod end. id replace both the inner and outer on that side if you can. it will mean a alignment also as you are replacing steering components. might have the shop check that wheel too for damage because DAMN thats bent!

anti sway bar looks ok. the end like would have allowed it to move a bit without damage.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Yeah think i'll do both, got a pair of sti outers from the boot out and just ordered the inners!

Glad the sway bar was fine though!

sweet! i replaced both sides inner and outer at the same time. no regrets at all, with a light custom alignment(looks like you're already there lol) my steering feel improved quite a bit. aah, if you are going to diy the inners you'll need to rent or borrow the tool for it, its a 10"ish deep socket that goes over the hole inner tie rod. after that its just getting it close enough so your steering wheel is straight and your tires are as close to 0 toe as possible so the alignment tech doesnt have to redo everything lol.

here's a lousy phone pic of my new vs old.

and a bad angle shot of the anti sway bar up front. i have a 02 wagon but they will be really close. you can see(even though my end link is disconnected) the curve of the bar.

Last edited by tirerob; 02-18-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Nice thanks for the input, i actually got the inner tie rod tool from harbor it worked great!, now im just waiting for the lock washer to come in to my local subaru